Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #1
jamesmw11
AF Newbie

will not accelerate, dies

I bought a 98 Mystique recently which only has 82,000 real miles on it. When I got the car it had an issue with when yiu gave it gas to go it wouold hesitate stutter and then go. I replaced the Mass air transfer unit, the TPS, and the IACV. Now when I start it and lwt it idle for sometime I can finally give it gas without it dying, but after I drive it ten minutes it will not let me give it any gas without dying and will only idle. I had a ragged connector I put back together and have ordered a new one and I hope that will help, but I am not too hopeful it will. The engine runs fine and doesn't have any obvious mechanical problems, just the fuel feed it seems. I got codes Po171 which is the o2 sensor on the upstream making it run lean, and I got a p1121 which says the MAT and the TPS are not working together properly? They are both new so I hope that is the TPS connector doing that on the TPS, a p1504 which I believe was an ssue with the air intake circuit malfunction? where is the air intake circuit located? I don't know that one? So the codes other than the air intake circuit, and the o2 sensor are naming parts I have replaced new. The o2 sensor looks new, but I will replace and I don't have a clue where to look for the "air intake circuit" any of this ring anybodys bell.??
jamesmw11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mystique