Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 10:05 AM   #1
stuart2k
AF Newbie

Unhappy Altima Keyless remote problems

I just purchased a factory keyless remote via Ebay for my 99 Altima. It came with instructions that match those I've seen here. However, I never see the hazard lights flash as is stated. Are there certain Altimas that just are not equipped for this? Mine is a 99 GXE. Is there a blown fuse somewhere perhaps? What I was told, via the instructions was to make certain the doors are shut and locked, insert and remove the key from the ignition at least 6 times in a 10 second period, at which time the hazard lights would flash twice. Then, it said to turn the key to the ACC position, hit the lock button on the remote, and the hazards would again flash twice, which would then have reprogrammed the codes. None of this is happening, and I've tried at least 20 times. Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated! Thanks.
stuart2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
Nissan Sales 310
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nissan Sales 310
from the sounds of it you are doing it right just make sure you do it slow. If it still does not work check all fuses. If still nothing go to a nissan store and ask a Serivce advisor if they have a min and ask then NICELY if they will look at your directions and tell you if they look right. most good advisors will fix it for you for free.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #3
daniel 91 se
AF Newbie

you will need to reset your alarm for the programming to work. Get in the car, lock the doors with the key and wait for the alarm to set. Then open a back door by unlocking it from the inside. This will sound the alarm. Turn it off by turning the key to unlock the door. Open drivers door. Now, you can use the regular programming instructions to reset your factory alarm and it will work !!!!
daniel 91 se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
daniel 91 se
AF Newbie

you will need to reset your alarm for the programming to work. Get in the car, lock the doors with the key and wait for the alarm to set. Then open a back door by unlocking it from the inside. This will sound the alarm. Turn it off by turning the key to unlock the door. Open drivers door. Now, you can use the regular programming instructions to reset your factory alarm and it will work !!!!
daniel 91 se is offline   Reply With Quote