Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > STS and STS-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
ABELL4610
AF Newbie

Question Reasonable price

What would be a reasonable price at a Cadillac dealership to diagnose a misfire with a code indicating a misfire on #6 when the fix required replacing the ignition coil on that cylinder? The vehicle in question is a 2007 Cadillac STS V-6 base engine. What price could be expected for the final diagnosis including the labor charge for replacing the coil? If possible, the charge should reflect prices in North Carolina. Thanks for any thoughts!
ABELL4610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: Reasonable price

I would recommend contacting some local dealerships on your area for specific information regarding pricing. You can even contact a couple of different GM dealerships to get an idea of the charges.There are many benefits to taking a vehicle to your local dealership. You can guarantee that technicians are ASC certified and that the parts come with a GM parts warranty. I can also look into this issue further and locate some dealerships in your area. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, and current mileage, I will be able to take further steps. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMCustomerService For This Useful Post:
ABELL4610 (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #3
ABELL4610
AF Newbie

Tricia, thanks for your reply and suggestions. I guess what I'm really asking is "isn't diagnostic time computed into the book labor time for the repair" and what is the labor book time" for replacing the ignition coil found in a 2007 6-cylinder Cadillac STS. During my many years working in an automobile dealership, as I recall, diagnostic time was included and part of the repair. For this repair, I was charged $100 for diagnostic plus 0.5 hour for the repair.
ABELL4610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

I apologize that I am not able to be of more assistance to you, but these questions are best directed to your service department. They will be able to tell you exactly how that works with diagnostic time and labor. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further questions or concerns.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
procaddytech
AF Regular

You did good. Diagnostic time does not always roll into the repair. There are alot of steps involved in proper strategy based diagnostics. If you had have just requested the coil to be replaced then a half hour would have been the charge. The diagnostic labor is to cover all the tests to make sure your vehicle is diagnosed correctly and to retest after repair to verify the repair fixed the concern, clear history dtc's, road test, etc. Even warranty pays diagnostic time in addition to the repair time. You would have been charged the same in MD. You are fortunate it was cyl. #6. Cylinders 1,2 &3 pay 1.8 hrs plus diag. for 2.8 total. Book time for cyl. #6 is 0.3hr plus 0.1 additional for 2 & 4. If 2 & 4 were removed and checked then 0.5 is an accurate charge. (Alldata labor time guide used for reference).
procaddytech is offline   Reply With Quote