Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:47 PM   #16
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr_GTCS
Re: Re: Engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPbody
A Ford will outlast any Chevy? Interesting... Some maybe, some maybe not.

Each engine family, even within a manufacturer, have good and bad points. Fords are no exception. For example, 289s/302s are notorious for beating the main bearings out in a relatively short time, compared to others. Windsors, on the other hand, have few bearing issues (larger main journal is the key).

If you expect to be taken seriously, ease up on the emotional tirades. Throwing the male/female thing around won't help your "cause" either. Give factual and to-the-point information and you'll be accepted a lot quicker. Nobody here cares whether you're male or female... (at least I don't)

Jim
Emotional Tirades? You would`nt be saying that if I were a male. Or if you were a female. Are there any of you that aren`t chauvenists? I am EQUAL remember?
Old 10-24-2005, 03:17 PM   #17
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Mines69Olds
Re: Engines?

I'm sorry I just don't listen or trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die. Just Kidding. There are so many different ways you could've approached platikboy. One could have been to give your oppinion in a decent manner. Such as " I believe that any Ford engine will outlast a Chevy." That would have been a good way for you to word it. But if you are going to go around and say " you are a complete idiot" then you're not going to get any respect, especially from me. Then saying OH i'm a girl. I mean you are just looking for an arguement.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #18
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mines69Olds
I'm sorry I just don't listen or trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die. Just Kidding. There are so many different ways you could've approached platikboy. One could have been to give your oppinion in a decent manner. Such as " I believe that any Ford engine will outlast a Chevy." That would have been a good way for you to word it. But if you are going to go around and say " you are a complete idiot" then you're not going to get any respect, especially from me. Then saying OH i'm a girl. I mean you are just looking for an arguement.
You are soo crude. I hope they kick you off of this site for saying such trash. The way I express my opinion is fully accepted by other sites. Maybe you should get a life and check other ones out before you pass that judgement. I take it you don`t have a woman in your life with the trash you talk and most likely you never will.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #19
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

Rhonda,
To quote a famous English writer: "Me thinks thou doth protest TOO much"... It appears you're primed and ready for a "fight". There were no chauvenistic references in my comments. Quite the contrary, actually. "Equal" means "equal", not "special". If you want to be treated as an equal, you can't throw your feminist attitude around. That only serves to alienate those you're trying to reach.

I have an X-wife that preached equal rights adamantly, right up until the judge told her in no uncertain terms, equal rights means equal responsibility. She backed up quickly. See, she didn't WANT responsibility. She wanted the house, the kids, the car, and no bills. She got the child support payment responsibility (which she still owes me more than $16K and the kids are grown).

My point? You can't have it both ways. You must pick a path. Either you want to be "one of the gang", or you want to be treated differently due to being female. So, make a choice!

For the record, one of the best bosses I EVER had (this was during my IBM "career") was a woman. We worked together very well. Many of my co-workers there were women. They would laugh at your comment that I would be a chauvenist. Bear in mind, these are college-educated professional women (programmers, managers).

One of the better transmission mechanics in this area is Jenny. She's a cute little blond with blue eyes and a "bulldozer" attitude towards those that would hold her down. She brings me ALL her engine work. We've talked about her success "in a man's world". She simply doesn't allow the rednecks to push her around. She's smart enough to not poke the nest (the bees come out). I support her completely.

Lastly, what part of "just kidding" didn't you get from Mine69Olds? This is how people act and joke with each other. Not just men. PEOPLE. I believe it's YOU that needs to "get a life".

Jim
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 AM   #20
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

I made a joke, you took it in the wrong way. This forum is for HELPING others with their car problems. NOT for insulting others for thinking differently. If plastikboy thinks that it would be good to do he has the right. But you have NO right to call him names. All I ask is for you to express your thoughts in a decent manner. Please do not put others down for having different ideas. If everyone was forced to thinking the same this world wouldnt be worth living in so people with different ideas is a good thing. Lastly stop playing the Female card when you feel threatened. It is very unattractive.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:48 AM   #21
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

I do have a girlfriend too. Had her for over 8 months and she has no complaints. Nobody is always right, I know that I have been and will be wrong sometimes. But what makes a decent person is for them to see when they are wrong and try to fix their mistakes instead of being hardheaded and stubborn.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:14 PM   #22
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
I do have a girlfriend too. Had her for over 8 months and she has no complaints. Nobody is always right, I know that I have been and will be wrong sometimes. But what makes a decent person is for them to see when they are wrong and try to fix their mistakes instead of being hardheaded and stubborn.

Geez, I hope all the members on this site are not like you two. You guys are defending someone who has`nt the intelligence nor the inclination to return to this site to see the replies he has gotten on this thread.

Its really good to know you both have at least one woman in your life that you have gotten along with for more than a few minutes. Although I really did`nt need to hear your life stories. Man, you guys are longwinded.

So Mines69Olds, if I may quote you,"had her for over 8 months". Hmmmm, thats sounds like your talking about your car. So what year is she? How many miles did she have on her before you GOT her? Don`t you see how insensitive you are?

It seems to me that since you two are the only ones replying to my posts, that either you are alone in your chauvenistic ideas or the other members just don`t care that I have strong opinions and for some reason think that you two must have some kind of vendetta against women in general. Why else would you keep ranting and raving like YOU do? Go verbally abuse your wives and daughters like you`re probably used to doing. Maybe they are used to being talked to like that, cuz I`m not.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:48 AM   #23
MrPbody
AF -Advisor

As with many that have no defense for their erroneous position, you have a knack for ignoring what is said, and reading into it what you need it to say. Stop trying to maniuplate words and pay attention! Women like you are the reason there are so many men that refuse to accept women in their fields. You must show ability and a little common sense BEFORE you gain acceptance. That's the way it is among men, so why should be any different? Your "outa my way, I'm comin' through" attitude alienates many men. Whether or not you agree or care is irrelevant. I'm not the one whining about being treated unfairly. Not all of us are intimidated by it.

I suspect others are simply standing on the sidelines laughing at you. You have your hands full with me, and Mine69Olds is just trying to make sense of it all. You don't fool me for a second!

My wife of 13 years (a 50 yr old German) thinks you need to get a little from time to time, and maybe you'll get a clue. If you think she's a pushover and timid, you don't know any Germans! She is a professional and well rounded individual. She likes me because I'm not a pushover, either, and I never treat her like anything BUT an equal. She loves me for other reasons, not pertinent to this discussion.

You have a wonderful day!

EOT
Old 10-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #24
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

Rhonda, I would just like to ask you a couple questions. Do you have any significant other in your life? Do you know and get along with many men in your daily life? It appears to me that you think MrPbody and I are the problem. Problem being we are male and mistreat females i.e. you. Well it seems like everything was fine up until you had posted that snide and extraneous comment. You need to come to terms, even if a male posted that we would've said something to him. So you feel threatened that we replied and immediately start defending yourself. MrPbody and I very tolerantly post with our comment without an intent to trouble you. The way it seems to us and most likely everyone else is that you have a problem with males. I hope someday that you will see this and give me the time of day. We are not all evil and want to put you down. So you need to stop acting like it. You need to just leave the emotional condemnation out and focus on helping others with their automotive dilemmas.

P.S. This was written without any belittlement to you. I just feel like you have over reacted and have been very harsh and crude to say the least. Please take this to heart and quit the abuse.

Matthew
Old 10-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #25
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

You two gentlemen are complete hypocrits. MrPbody, if I may quote you from one of your past posts," my stepson is a sicko". Well I guess you think hes a sicko because he owns a couple of Saturn SC-2`s. And Mines69Olds, if I may quote you, "Greedy assholes" pertaining to the Dupont company concerning their patent rights for R12 freon. Also "damn people make us suffer". Why do you both think you are above anyone else, especially me, when it comes to posting our opinion on this or any other site?

Also, I`d like to know why you MrPbody, are being sexually abusive to me? Have I backed you into a corner to where you feel you must resort to your true roots? Don`t you realize that by suggesting, and I quote " You need a little from time to time" is sexual harassment? And I thought you were the intellectual one. I guess I was wrong.

I don`t have to tell either one of you, in my defense, whether I get sex or not. That is none of your business. I already told you I have been happily married to the same man for 18 years.

I was insulted (understandibly) when someone referred to me as Buddy. I feel that person was in the wrong when they did`nt do their homework, before posting, to find out who they were even talking too. I felt that that person was profiling me as a male, for being on this automotive website. That is something that only a true chauvenistic pig would do.

I really hope you`re careful with what you both say from now on and try to put yourself in others shoes, if only for a brief moment. This world is filled with do-gooders but tend to alienate others while trying to do their good deed. Think back at all the crap you two have writtin or said in your past and see which one of you wants to cast the first stone.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #26
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

I am past the point of trying. You are so wrapped up in your psycho analitical babble that you completely missed the point that we were trying to make. Sure I said "greedy assholes" but I guess it would take someone with a sense of humor to laugh at it. For the comment someone called you "buddy" GET OVER IT. He needs to do his homework? What are you thinking are we in school. Ok, he made a mistake calling you "buddy" but honestly it's not that big of a deal. If you get mad at the littlest things and make it harder for them to go away then I'm sorry but that doesn't sounds like a good life to live. I let things go. Plus by you looking back and reading everything that we have written expresses how mad you really are and how you just can't let it go. You blew this into a big deal, and it all started by you calling someone an idiot for liking the thought of a chevy motor in a ford. Not to mention someone calling you "buddy." I rarely get into arguement unless I know the person I am arguing with is wrong or I have a strong feeling that I am right. Well this is both cases. You really need to CALM DOWN and stop interpreting things in the wackiest and wildest ways.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #27
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
I am past the point of trying. You are so wrapped up in your psycho analitical babble that you completely missed the point that we were trying to make. Sure I said "greedy assholes" but I guess it would take someone with a sense of humor to laugh at it. For the comment someone called you "buddy" GET OVER IT. He needs to do his homework? What are you thinking are we in school. Ok, he made a mistake calling you "buddy" but honestly it's not that big of a deal. If you get mad at the littlest things and make it harder for them to go away then I'm sorry but that doesn't sounds like a good life to live. I let things go. Plus by you looking back and reading everything that we have written expresses how mad you really are and how you just can't let it go. You blew this into a big deal, and it all started by you calling someone an idiot for liking the thought of a chevy motor in a ford. Not to mention someone calling you "buddy." I rarely get into arguement unless I know the person I am arguing with is wrong or I have a strong feeling that I am right. Well this is both cases. You really need to CALM DOWN and stop interpreting things in the wackiest and wildest ways.
Matthew, why can`t YOU GET OVER IT! You are the one that is babbling. You have made no sense since you started this campaign. If you truly "let things go" then why haven`t you? Why don`t you just "smile and wave" and make me truly mad? Go ahead, I welcome it. I`ve gotten into your head and you can`t stand it. Back off now while you still retain your sanity. That goes for you too MrPbody. I will end this by quoting myself. "You will not win"
Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #28
anitabonghit
AF Newbie

my opinion

this whole conversation is totally unbelievable in this supposed age of technology and reason.the condescending and chauvenistic opinions displayed here are atrocities to say the least.mrpbody and mines69olds both seem to think that their use of big words and masculine ideology is enough to cause poor mustanglvr to shrink away in fear to the nearest dark corner. therefore i feel i must step in and provide my opinion as well. just for the record and in case all you ''big strong men'' out there havent figured it out by now,i too am female.after reading your various posts of late,i was compelled to reel in horror in response to the verbal abuse and harrassment mustanglvr has had to endure from you two.do you feel so threatened by a woman stating her opinion to an obviously stupid suggestion that you must respond in such a demeaning and disrespectful manner?not to mention that your thinking if she was to ''get some''did nothing but insult her intelligence and prove that you both severely lack any form of intellect of your own.what makes you think that lying there yawning with boredom while some grunting,snorting pig humps on her would change her opinion of plastikboys obviously mistaken thought that it would be a good idea to crossbreed two of americas musclecar legends.you and i both know that while each manufacturer had its own strong points,pairing them together would only enhance the bad ones,thereby creating a frankensteins monster of sorts.problems would continually arise,and thereby create a laughing stock that would be shunned by fordlovers and chevylovers alike.and while all of you were only stating your opinions,as i am here,i strongly feel that mustanglvr being offended by being mistaken for a member of the opposite sex hardly called for the replys contained in this forum.both,mrpbody and mines69olds,should be aware of the fact that men think about sex every 20 seconds.the rest of the time is taken up with thinking about food,or some other favorite past time.women arent,on the average,so obsessed with such things and sex definately is not in the top ten things on our minds.and bringing sex up in an obviously unaffilliated conversation only shows that you had no other point to make and had to resort to saying something that carried that all important shock value in a lame attempt to get your invalid point across.and mrpbody,does your wife know how you refer to her?i know if anyone referred to me as a ''however old german'',least of all my husband of 13 years,i would surely have something to say about it.and seeing my husband show on a public forum that he is not only a sexist,but a racist as well should provide a very necessary wake up call.i think both of you should rethink your responses a little more in depth in the future.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:01 PM   #29
Mines69Olds
AF Regular

Wow... You 2 ladies sound a lot alike. Maybe you are one in the same. Whatever though you can go about your day thinking you won "I DON'T CARE." I'm done with it. The whole thing you started is stupid. You are just an angry woman. I hate dealing with your type. With that attitude you will never make it here. So keep on truckin and see where it gets you. But most of all have fun being one of those special few that a very small amount of people like... It's all you...
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #30
Mustanglvr_GTCS
AF Newbie

Quote:
Wow... You 2 ladies sound a lot alike. Maybe you are one in the same. Whatever though you can go about your day thinking you won "I DON'T CARE." I'm done with it. The whole thing you started is stupid. You are just an angry woman. I hate dealing with your type. With that attitude you will never make it here. So keep on truckin and see where it gets you. But most of all have fun being one of those special few that a very small amount of people like... It's all you...

Ha, ha, you lose.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical