Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:51 AM   #1
stoned_pimp420
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to stoned_pimp420
stupid question but gotta ask

I had only two powerbass 12" subs in my car powered by a soundstorm 420.2 amp (bridged I guess is 840 watts) but I kept those two subs in it and added two more JL Audio W0's, but I was wondering if yall think that the amp is giving the subs enough power or not? They sound pretty good but I was also wondering if yall think my amp might fry pushing that many subs? The amp has overheated twice already but after I keep the radio off for about 10 minutes or so it starts working again. Also the next thing I want to do to it if I go to put any more subs in it is goning to be rip all that shit out, sell it and then figure me a way to put 6 15" MTX Titans in the trunk! Do yall think I've fallen out of the stupid tree yet or what?

Honest opinions wanted here!

If you can't be a good example, you can always be a horrible warning!
stoned_pimp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Diceman83
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Diceman83
Re: stupid question but gotta ask

... 6 15" subs???? What do you got for a vehicle?? I conversion van? You're gonna need like 3 cubes per sub... and if you have just a sedan, that's gonna mean stripping out all seats, doing a complete rewire, buying like 15 batterys, and a mono amp for each... you'll probably be hitting like 165 in burps though. Would NOT sound good for daily driving though. I'm assuming you were kidding, I'm just telling you what the reality of that would be.

Your amp is two ohm stable on each channel, so it might be good to wire a W0 and powerbass in parallel to each. That is if both the powerbass and the W0's are 4 ohms each.

dang, your sig is distracting.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #3
L|_|da
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to L|_|da

what he said about the system, and your sig is pissing me off.
L|_|da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #4
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: stupid question but gotta ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman83
... 6 15" subs???? What do you got for a vehicle?? I conversion van? You're gonna need like 3 cubes per sub... and if you have just a sedan, that's gonna mean stripping out all seats, doing a complete rewire, buying like 15 batterys, and a mono amp for each... you'll probably be hitting like 165 in burps though. Would NOT sound good for daily driving though. I'm assuming you were kidding, I'm just telling you what the reality of that would be.

Your amp is two ohm stable on each channel, so it might be good to wire a W0 and powerbass in parallel to each. That is if both the powerbass and the W0's are 4 ohms each.

dang, your sig is distracting.
Wouldn't hit anywhere near that...it take knowledge or SHIT TONS of money to even hit above 150dB's on the TL. It seems like he has little of both...

About your system, I can tell you right now...it sounds like complete shit. NEVER mix two different types of subs...or different sizes for that matter.

PS:Just for reference Diceman, realize that SCOTTIE Johnson's Brahma van (9 Brahma Extrem 15's, and 36 MTX 1501d's) was only doing a little over 165 on the TL. Also, the re-done white van at SBN (4 RE MT 18's and 8 MA HK4000d's) pulled a little over a 165 on the TL...
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:49 PM   #5
Diceman83
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Diceman83

oops, sorry... you know I don't know everything about that extreme stuff. I just pulled a big number out of the air that was above 150...

Also, I didn't think about the fact that there were different subs... I just wanted to keep the wattage equal on each channel.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: stupid question but gotta ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman83
oops, sorry... you know I don't know everything about that extreme stuff. I just pulled a big number out of the air that was above 150...

Also, I didn't think about the fact that there were different subs... I just wanted to keep the wattage equal on each channel.
Was just letting you know for reference sake

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD