Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
DriveLess
AF Newbie

Debating b/w mid-size and comact

Hi Guys,
I live in Lexington, KY, and we are a family of 3. I have been driving a 1999 Mazda Protégé for the last 5 years. I am in the market for a new or newer car. I am debating b/w Accord and Civic but I am also open to other makes. I am happy with the performance of my current car but it’s not stable on wet and icy road. Another important concern is the poor visibility while driving in heavy rain on the interstate. Also it makes me a little nervous when the car sways a little during windy conditions. My guess is all of my above concerns will be less of an issue with an Accord sized car; but the bigger car comes with bigger price tag, and I am big on gas mileage. Further, most of my driving is within the city (15 miles a day), so the bigger car would be nice only for the occasional trip out of town.

Frankly, I would prefer to go with the civic if I feel assured that it will be far more stable and safer than my current Mazda. Ideally I would like something like the Subaru Impreza hatchback but I think they are not as reliable as Honda and Toyota. I am also open to hybrids. My budget is around $25K, and I am looking at both used and new.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and insights.
DriveLess is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
accord , camry , civic , hatchback , wagon
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A