Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
Superman3022
AF Newbie

Question Reving & Exhaust Issues

My '92 infinity q45 sometimes rev's without me hitting the throttle. I would like to know what is causing this and how to fix it.
My other queston is about the exhaust system. Why does the infinity have two mufflers and is it allright if I change the exhaust system.
My car has about 190500 miles on it.:bandit:
Superman3022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:28 PM   #2
cworrel
AF Newbie

Revving & Exhaust issues

The revving issue is probably the connector to your mass airflow sensor. It connects right on the duct leading from your air filter housing to your throttle body. They ground wire has a tendency to short and sometimes can be corrected simpy by unplugging the sensor and plugging it back in. I have a 93 Q45 and thought I had lost the motor, I took it to the dealer and they corrected it on the service drive. My father has a 92 and they had to replace the ground wire. Either way it is an inexpensive fix and you may see a significant performance gain once it is corrected.
cworrel is offline   Reply With Quote