Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #1
cewhitman
AF Newbie

Diablo 6.0 Mods, and e-brake issue

I have a 2001 6.0. As usual, I need more power. Who does this work in the US? I'm near Washington, DC, but could be willing to travel.

Also . . . Am I thr only person having problems with the emergency/parking brake?

EW
cewhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 10:40 PM   #2
XOTech
AF Regular

Diablo 6.0 Mods

cewhitman,

There are definitely mods that can be done to the 6.0 to open up some of the potential. I suppose the question to be asked here, is how much power do you want and what type of power? There are mild engine mods for moderate power boosts, to wild engine mods with substantial (yet naturally aspirated) gains, and then of course there is the entire different world of turbos and beyond. I know of owners with as much as 1200 hp from a twin turbo system. I have also encountered owners with nitrous. The level of detail is completely up to you. I would have recommendations for each type of mod.

As for the E-brake problem. That is a new issue that I am not aware of. If you would describe the problem, I would be happy to see what I can do. If nothing else, I will experiement on several cars that I have access to in an attempt to replicate the problem.

Offerings of the Ferrari F50, Enzo to the 250 GTO, Lamborghini 350GT to the Murcielago, Jaguar XJ220 and XJR-15 to the Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 and Carrera GT, Bugatti EB110 and Veyron and everything in between.
And of course, the McLaren F1. Anywhere worldwide.
XOTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:27 AM   #3
cewhitman
AF Newbie

I'm probably looking for the most power without reducing drivability. I've had the car not long . . . but already have 11,000+ miles on it. I plan to drive it a lot, and need the car to continue functioning as intended. Type of power . . . I like torque & lots of it.

For comparison, I have a 996 Turbo with 600+ hp, and would think the Diablo can handle more . . . without placing reliability at risk.

Do you have a website outlining different options, or stages?

Eddie
cewhitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 07:51 PM   #4
XOTech
AF Regular

Diablo Mods..

cewhitman,

I do not have a website at this time, but I would be happy to pencil out some options for the car, what is possible and some rough cost estimates, and who I would recommend to do the work.

It sounds to me that you are basically looking to mod up to a mild turbo or supercharger setup.

At 11,000 miles you are definitely using the car, which is great. The V-12 is so smooth that it lends very well to normal driving.

I would like to chat further about your ideas that I can better approach an attack plan for you. That may lend better to a phone conversation. I will pass on my phone number to you.

Offerings of the Ferrari F50, Enzo to the 250 GTO, Lamborghini 350GT to the Murcielago, Jaguar XJ220 and XJR-15 to the Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 and Carrera GT, Bugatti EB110 and Veyron and everything in between.
And of course, the McLaren F1. Anywhere worldwide.
XOTech is offline   Reply With Quote