Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
pachecocar
AF Newbie

`94 Headlights not working...everything else does! help!

Hopefully someone can help... I have a `94 Corsica and the hi and low beam headlights do not work. My dome light, turning signals and brake lights work, but my headlights just won't turn on. I Have checked my lights obviously and replaced each one to ensure that's not the problem. I did purchase a brand new BWD headlight 3100 switch that turns the lights on, installed it, and nothing came on. I'm out of ideas and hoping its not the wiring... I don't have a radio (it was stolen) so I can't see if that will be a problem causer as well. If anyone has any ideas...please help!!! thanks!

Last edited by pachecocar; 04-27-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: better title
pachecocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

Re: `94 Headlights not working...everything else does! help!

Hard to say for sure what this is....but here is my guess. First, check ALL fuses, see if you can identify the one for lights. You may have done this already, not sure. See if you can get hold of a meter and check voltage at the socket and see if you can try grounding the socket to get it to burn. I have not seen a headlamp set go out before but have seen ground wires break or burn to the point the socket or wire must be replaced or re grounded. Lastly, just a guess but I wonder if the high-low beam switch is possibly bad...it sits down near the bottom of the steering column. A rod runs to it from the handle on the column and switches it on and off..sorry not much help here.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica