Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
xsertcop
AF Newbie

2000 Turn Flasher

Does anyone know where the turn flasher for a 2000 corvette is located. I need to replace the current one that is not wo rking properly
xsertcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
freddy79922
AF Newbie

Talking Re: 2000 Turn Flasher

Once you open the hood. Turn the headlights on. and you will see it is on a turn switch. The space is tight , but a small hand should be able to fit. Make sure that an assistant does NOT to shut the light when you hand is in there.
freddy79922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #3
djmann02
AF Newbie

Question Re: 2000 Turn Flasher

Can you tell me what your symptoms were on your car? I have an 01 vette where sometimes the flashers will work and other times I won't get so much as an arrow on the dash to come on? Is that the problem you had and if so, what did you find to be the remedy?
djmann02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
djmann02
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 Turn Flasher

Figured out my problem was the flasher button itself. The connection to the flasher actually. But good luck getting to it.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
magarcia00
AF Newbie

I had to take my 2000 into the dealer and they had to pull the entire dash to get to a $30 overpriced flasher unit. The entire job was about $800 at a south florida dealer. i remember the days the flashers were 3 bucks and you could unplug them right at your feet.
magarcia00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
djmann02
AF Newbie

WOW! $800 bucks? I tried getting the dash out myself but couldn't completely get it loose. Maybe some clips that I missed. Flasher is still in the dash, btw. You need to be whodini or an ethiopian with skinny arms to get to it through the radio compartment. I will continue to give hand signals out the window! LOL.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
magarcia00
AF Newbie

I wish you the best in getting that dash out without any damage to you or the car. I have messed with cars all my life as my father was a diesel mechanic and you just cant work on these new cars anymore. I now have a passenger door on my 2000 vette that wont lock with the remote controler nor with the power button. I went into the dealer and they said it would be $115 just to diagnose the problem and then the cost of fixing it. I was told this coull also be a $800 charge as an estimate from one of the mechanics. I have been manually locking it by hand for about a year now. Incredible how expensive it is to fix these cars anymore. Let me know if you get the dash out. The flasher is not expensive, but getting to it is the hard part. I actually think I gave you the wrong estimate initially. I think I paid $1200 to have that flasher replaced and the $800 was the estimate for a new passenger door lock moter. Good luck.
magarcia00 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette