Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:06 AM   #91
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Re: 3000GT's very own Off-Topic Thread!

i dont think it would be that bad, actually kinda cool. i had to do the same thing man, i turned down this job at saturn to get the job at lamps plus and ended up not even getting the dang job. i'll never do that again. but man just as they can pick somone over you, you have the right to pick another job over them.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:19 PM   #92
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Thanks bro....feelin' better already. LOL
Old 05-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #93
ScFitz3000
AF Regular

I was in Computer Sales as well, you will either get lucky and get a Supervisor who doesnt care about your performance or you will get one of those "win win" guys. I had a "win win" person, forcing 350 dollar service plans on someone who can barely afford to put gas in their car is rediculous.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:30 PM   #94
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Damn, that's whacked. Sure hope my supervisor isn't like yours. I mean, I know we're supposed to sell and all but not to the point of forcing someone like that. Geez! I wanted to do cashier or video games/music but they stuck me computers. Don't know how that happened. :-/ I don't mind it though.....just hope my supervisor isn't like that....
Old 05-12-2004, 11:03 PM   #95
John Pannebaker
AF Regular

Not much mark up in electronics, service plans however are almost 100% pure proffit!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:36 PM   #96
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Yeah, that is the problem with sales. So many people get confused and money hungry that they don't realize that the key to being a good sales person is listening to what the customer actually wants. After being in sales for three years, I can sweet talk a person into buying the most expensive thing, but then what happens...they return it first thing hte next morning, you don't make jack, and the customer is left with a sour taste in their mouth. If you actually help them come to a decision that both of you are comfortable with, then they are happy, htey refer you to their friends, and give you repeat business. It's just common sales advice.
I've always been trained that a good close is helping the customer to see how they can afford what they want, and making them feel comfortable about it.
A bad close is being focused on your percentage and pressuring the customer to make a choice they don't want to make.

A little off topic, but I hate when bad sales people ruin it for the rest of us.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 05-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #97
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Old 05-13-2004, 01:24 PM   #98
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Oh yeah, Igovert500, doesn't that make you look bad too when the customer returns what you sold him/her?
Old 05-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #99
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
The number of sale people who offer good advice seems to have dropped off the last decade or so. Either they don't know about the products they are trying to sell, or only push to 'get a sale'. It gets discouraging at time.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 05-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #100
Getsum3kgtsl
AF Regular

Best Buy has good deals for their employees, don't they pay like a little over the price that the store payed for the merchandise plus tax? i don't think you pay much for electronics at all. I'd be like a kid in a candy store with a $20 bill.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:03 AM   #101
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

That is what I am saying. I learned the hard way. My first sale for over a grand got refunded 14 hours later. I talked them into spending 1200, but after I left, there was noone to reassure them. I was in it for the money at that point, brand new, and not experienced, and I learned the hard way. My $200+ commision for that hour dissappeared in a matter of minutes. That is when I started to learn the lesson. I knew all about the product....but I was pushing too hard for the sale...I got it...and got it returned the next day. I am not saying I am the best or most honest sales person...I do use a (few!?!) tricks, but I am simply saying that there are alot worse than me, and I at least learned not to push too hard on something someone doesn't want...just how to help a person make a decision on something they are interested in, but can't (QUITE) make up their minds on. I don't mean to present myself as 100% honest or anything, all sales people work on a commission and therefore screw you a bit, I just mean that some do a rotten job of it, where others are a little more fair about the transaction...I just don't #$&* every person that I deal with....
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:57 PM   #102
John Pannebaker
AF Regular

And now for something completely different; While I was looking in my file cabnet I came across a flyer titled 3000GT/STEALTH REGISTRY winter, 1994 volume 2 number 1 Spyder Unveiled Sense I just learned how to cut & paste I scaned the first page into my computer, but it came out terrible! I sure would like to get this to the board...any sugestions
Old 05-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #103
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
That sounds pretty cool. How did you scan it? I suggest scanning it at the highest resolution and then shrink it down from their with paintshop or mspaint etc. If you have problems after scanning, and if you want, email them to me at oyesur2@hotmail.com. Is my junk mail account, but I can clear up some space to accept a few files (as long as they aren't several meg each. I might be able to clean them up a bit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 05-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #104
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

i wanna see
Old 05-14-2004, 10:48 PM   #105
youngmanvr4
AF Enthusiast

Ok...if you remember i'm getting my VR-4 next year. Well...i also want to build a show car. The type of show car i want to build is a 95-98 240sx with the S15 conversion with Bomex front end and an SR20DET engine and all the other other goodies. But...i'm not maded of money. So i can do 2 different things. One: keep my 3000gt that i have now and get a 240sx and just wait to mod it up for shows till i just my VR-4 or 2: Save up for a VR-4 then after i get my VR-4 then get a 240sx?

So in other words...i could get the 240sx now and just have it sit around and not mod it and save up for londer to get my VR-4 or get a VR-4 next year then get a 240sx after i get my VR-4?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth