Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Which car is better?
Ford GT 16 30.77%
Lamborghini Gallardo 36 69.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #16
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Is the M12 GTO-3R 82k? I thought that I had seen in advertised in the US for 53k. Anyways, that car is incredible, the most bang for your buck out there (and please corvette fans, dont argue that)
Old 02-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #17
veebo
AF Newbie

Yeah, GTO-3R is $82K, according to the guys at 1gracing. This is for every option possible, including labor for installation of the drivetrain.
veebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #18
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

moderators, sorry for being off topic but...

veebo, do you know what the top speed of the m12 is?
Old 03-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #19
veebo
AF Newbie

Noble M12 GTO-3R runs 170 mph...

MAXIMUM SPEEDS
1st 44.6mph
2nd 72.0mph
3rd 92.2mph
4th 117.7mph
5th 149.8mph
6th 170.0mph

copied from from http://www.1gracing.com/specs.html

Cheers!

veebo
Old 03-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #20
veebo
AF Newbie

Videos on the Noble... maybe we should start a new thread??

http://www.1gracing.com/video.html

Cheers,

vbo
Old 03-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #21
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

yes, in the "other cars" section tally ho!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:21 AM   #22
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

i dont think either car was desinged with straight line performance in mind. as for how much fun they are to drive it comes down to personal preference, i personally prefer the high revving V10 and exotic appeal of the Gallrdo but there will be many who disagree.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #23
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Well, neither was probably designed with straightline as the primary goal, but lets face it, the GT is geared more to american motor heads who (albeit somewhat stereotypically) do tend to pay more attention to the straight line. Still, a good comparison of cars.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:01 AM   #24
TUBE GUY
AF Newbie

"I have looked at both, and elected to purchase a Gallardo over the GT. My personal reasons:

2. Italian Exotic = Price Protection

Ford dealers are playing games with pricing... they are either adding a markup to the car's price or refusing to protect you on the MSRP. This is not the way Ferrari and Lambo dealers work with real customer orders for new cars... they protect your MSRP. In other words, original GT owners are gonna get screwed by dealers. Ford dealers do NOT understand how to build loyalty among their high-end clients because they don't HAVE any. My Gallardo comes in late May, at $170,000 complete incl. taxes, and I can sell it used today for about $190,000. Contrary to what some people think, exotic dealers rarely sell customer orders out from under you to reap these benefits. "

Lambo dealers were doing the same at first, until the speculators bailed out. Now you can get one for list or below, no wait. The only dealers that don't do over retail is Ferrari dealers, who sell cars to "friends" or "special customers" to buy them back and sell them over retail. It's all the same. I have a four year wait for my 360 spyder. One of my buddies waited 6 months. But he buys a lot more cars.

"3. Gallardo has a Real Race Engine

IMHO the GT is a poser, friends, albeit a poser that crushes the Gallardo on the track. "

Uh...what? This thing about a truck engine is silly. It's an engine. And one that will be dependable most likely. Audis are dependable to a degree, but they like to go home to mama broken here and there...trust me.

I am considering the Gallardo even as we speak. I love it! So don't get me wrong. It's fun to own a foreign exotic. Same thing in my business. You want something that's different. In Europe, the Ford GT will be hotter that sh*t, and put on the same pedestal as any exotic.

As to interior, I will take a BMW interior over Ferrari or Lambo any day. Why? Italian interiors fall apart. Hopefully the Gallardo will fare better because of Audi parts. Were it not for Audi ownership, I would never buy a Lambo. For me. But I have little patience for stuff falling apart. And that goes for my Ferrari too.
TUBE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:19 PM   #25
DiabloGT
Banned

so what about the noble its i4 300hp with a crappy interior, and i doubt it can reach mid 3's with a supercharged 4 cyl ford engine, cheap car makers always announce fake stats look at the gay hybrid, they claimed its 50mpg+ yeah right it was actually 30 flat..., and that is no comparison to the exotic v10 lamborghini gallardo, so is the gt, i would never pick american muscle over european muscle, european is always the best, tube guy did you recieve your gallardo yet??? how is it, how is the power looks and everything about it?
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:45 PM   #26
TUBE GUY
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloGT
tube guy did you recieve your gallardo yet??? how is it, how is the power looks and everything about it?

I did not buy it yet. I'm deciding. The one I want just came in, orange/black. If I don't buy it, it is only because I don't want to sell my Ferrari to get it, and owning both would be excessive IMHO. I psychologically bullsh*t and justify my way into stuff. Yikes.

I can buy it for $625 a month interest only loan at 3.75%, plus insurance of maybe $2500 a year, and take the hit on depreciation at $9600/year. About $1650 a month.
TUBE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:13 PM   #27
DiabloGT
Banned

how is your power in the 360? and you just cant compare the gallardo to the 360 the gallardo is pure v10 power... the 360 is like 3 liter v8 pumping less power than a z06, but its your idea...and yeah i too think that the orange one is nice, since btw orange is my favorite color on the murcielago, gallardo, and diablo 6.0... gl on your descision...hope u can get the gallardo somehow!
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #28
-Davo
Banned

A gallardo will cost up to half a million AUD dollars, a ford won't. That includes tax, on-road costs, insurance etc, and delivery. So no, they aren't the same price range. FLAW. (btw, that includes that 25k increase)
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:18 AM   #29
veebo
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloGT
how is your power in the 360? and you just cant compare the gallardo to the 360 the gallardo is pure v10 power... the 360 is like 3 liter v8 pumping less power than a z06, but its your idea...and yeah i too think that the orange one is nice, since btw orange is my favorite color on the murcielago, gallardo, and diablo 6.0... gl on your descision...hope u can get the gallardo somehow!

Actually, that's not a FLAW. While the LIST price of the Ford GT is $150K USD, the actual street price is north of $200K USD. Perhaps in Australia this is not the case, but in the US, where the vast majority of GTs will be sold, it definitely is the situation. So the Gallardo costs less.

Cheers,

vbo
Old 07-21-2004, 02:06 AM   #30
Sean
AF Enthusiast

I would take the Gallardo. This doesn't come as a surprise, does it?