Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
tellahoohoo
AF Newbie

Exclamation Stop My ALARM!!!!

Heres the deal,

I have a 1996 VW Gti 2.0L

Manual everything except for Power Door Locks & Power Sun Roof.

I don't drive it much lately, moved to the city, no need for a car so it spends most of its days parked in my dads driveway.

Either way, recently I was driving it, went to close my sunroof and the alarm started to go off, not the normal beeeeep beeeeep beeeep, but rather a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - never stopping, so after honking my horn and hitting lots of random parts of my dash, I pulled the car over and put the flashers on...and the alarm went off...but then when i went to open my car door the alarm started to go off again (in sync w/ the flashers) then door closed no alarm and when i turn off the flashers no alarm, open the door and back to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - flashers on and beep beeep beeep in sync so long as the door is open...This is obviously driving me nuts...and so long as i don't lock the door leave the window open get out to a beeeeep beeeep beeeeep w/ the flashers on then close the door and hit the flasher again to turn it off i can come back later and open the door to no beep...but if i lock it and then unlock as sooon as the door opens beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...

god someone help me...it makes me laugh honestly, but it really just annoys the ever living crap out of me...plus I want to sell the car, I've never had a problem w/ it up until i put the damn thing up on craigslist...I think its protesting me selling it...

anyway some one help.

o and now i can play the alarm w/ the sun roof control...but the sun roof is stuck open...its fun when people walk in front of the car but other than that it's gonna suck when it rains...

_G
tellahoohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
veedubmechanic
VDUBMAN

Re: Stop My ALARM!!!!

use the search function. Its pretty helpful.

Search for vacuum pump module
alarm module
door latch

1st easist thing to do is to pull back the rubber boot on the door hinge where the wiring is and check for frayed wires especially the red w/ white stripe one or brown one. If they are then its time to buy a new door harness (130.00)

The pump module is for the alarm also, right rear behind the carpeting, water likes to leak through the taillight seals and corrode the wires.

door latch- if you cant dis-arm the alarm with the driver side door latch its bad and you need a new one.
veedubmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI