Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #31
rocksinthehead
AF Newbie

2001 break light don't work

My 2001 Lumina has break light failures, the third break light does work but niether of the other two. I have read so many things about this already and being a woman I followed up on one lead. I did check the switch under the break pedla and it is working. So I had to remove the actual turn signal housing switch, what a job. I pulled the fuse #21 first, then I pulled the battery. I was abel to disconnect everything and removed the air bag and so far so good. I pulloed the steeering wheel off and yes I am a woman here, disconnected the switch and took it to Autozone and got a new one and a new cam because the original was broken off on the inside go figure bet that was my only problem but don't know now I get to put her back together again and I hope to remember how it all fits. I do have a diagram. Now after all this is said and done and if they still don't work what will be the next move. The flashers, bulbs, fuses are all good to go. I have no real money to pay for this to be done we are talking over 300.00. I work with mechanics and asked for thier help but when the word air bags came up they all freaked out, well how come I a free lanser sort to speak can pull this off with no problem and they are afraid to help. I just don't get it.

My next question is how about the air bag system for the front passangers side glove box area is there another fuse for that or is is all of the same fuse etc. I need to know for I ahve to remove the top where the air bag sits under to repair the leather covering it pulled away and I need to re secure it and I am afraid of the air bag going off. Can someone help me with this? Thanks
rocksinthehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #32
Bearwulf
AF Regular

Re: 97 Lumina Turn signal don't work

Read the owners manual, it will tell about the other fuse.
1891Argentine 7.65 with scope!
Bearwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #33
Zephead
AF Newbie

Midnight_rider are you talking about the lever or the switch that's lower on the column
Zephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #34
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephead View Post
Midnight_rider are you talking about the lever or the switch that's lower on the column
His last activity on this site was in July of 2004. I don't think you're going to get a response from him.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina