Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #1
rardoe
AF Newbie

Got Duped at the Dealer?

I bought a 2012 Lexus HS250h from a dealer about 4 months ago. I've had a few odd issues with it, including 2 flat tires that mysteriously happened as well as some odd electrical/computer issues.

When I bought the car, the Carfax clearly said the car was a 1 owner car in no accidents or any issues whatsoever.

The other day I dropped something between the seats. When I went to look between the seats, I came upon a repair report. The car had been really badly damaged.

I bought the car for 25k. The damage amount, from the missing paperwork, is 16k.

I am feeling like I got ripped off and honestly want to give them the car back with a big "f u" letter. I doubt this is even possible and I probably have no recourse.

This happened in Colorado.

Any advice?
rardoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Got Duped at the Dealer?

Its possible the dealer didn't even know about the damage.

And you have learned the hard way that Carfax is a joke. I know for a fact my Stealth has had 3 reported incidents. The previous owner informed me he hit a deer with it and it was repaired. I hit a deer with it, and then was forced off the road into some guardrails a few months after I purchased it.

Not one of those incidents appear on Carfax for my car.

You might want to look into Carfax's "buyback guarantee" though I doubt it will do much.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A