Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Other Cars
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 12:11 PM   #121
hosinfefer
AF Newbie

i dont really care man, i am just sayin. I think it is the fastest production car right now. Other then the bugati veryon or whatever that thing is called starts being made this is the fastest that i know of. And the cc8s hauls some serious ass with "only" 655 hp can you imagine what 800 would feel like. Like i said before if its not 9 seconds flat then i would think it would be close.
hosinfefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 04:56 AM   #122
jim501
AF Regular

Re: Fastest Production Car

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. The fastest car is the mclaren, it is the only one of these ones test that has been independently tested. As far as I know the speed reached was less then mclarens claim so no car company is total reliable. In terms of current production cars the murcielago is the fastest 'production' car. Most automotive journalists class a production car as one that you can just walk into a dealer and order one. This is something you can't do with many of these cars. This rules out cars such as the enzo and the likes because they are already sold before they are made.
jim501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #123
hosinfefer
AF Newbie

the thing is you can just walk in the dealership in sweden (i think thats where it is) and buy a segg. And i have a hard time believeing that this wont beat a mclearn.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:16 PM   #124
lamborghinirocks
AF Enthusiast

i think its faster than the mclaren too, but Koenigsegg hasn't let it get proven through independent testing....yet

Swimming through the void
We hear the word,
We lost ourselves,
But we find it all?
lamborghinirocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:38 PM   #125
hosinfefer
AF Newbie

yet is the keyword. They say it is more areo-dynamic and more powerful then the mclearn so i am sure it will beat it. But i wound not mind having both cars
Old 06-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #126
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

Bare in mind the CCR is still a new car, only just heard about it in fact. The reason some cars havnet been top speed tested was the manufactures didnt realy care. I mean ferrari didnt want the enzo to have a high top speed just be quick around the track!..which is a sense is more sensible as there are only a hand full of places around the world which will let you do 240mph+ so why bother designing a car that can technically do over 240mph but in reality cant. I havent full gone through this thread but please say no one has suggested that the buggati veyron is the fastest car?..stupid if they have as it is 2 tons and bugatti said if the owners wish to drive over 200mph they will send them an extra pair of tyres because it puts so much strian on them to do it. Awful car in my opinoon and probably the way things are going wont get into production! ....the Koenigsegg gets my vote though!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #127
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

Red face

Guys!

The fastest PRODUCTION CAR ever timed OFFICALLY is the McLaren F1!

There is NO other cars who have CERTIFIED PROOF of obtaining higher top speed as a PRODUCTION CAR!!!

No need to babble and wabble about Corvettes. Vipers, Bugattis, blblablablablblalala....

There is faster cars out there, no doubt, but they have not OFFICALLY proven to be!!!

Imagine a McLaren with twin turbos and NOS for high-speed records!
Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #128
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorst13
Guys!

There is NO other cars who have CERTIFIED PROOF of obtaining higher top speed as a PRODUCTION CAR!!!

No need to babble and wabble about Corvettes. Vipers, Bugattis, blblablablablblalala....

There is faster cars out there, no doubt, but they have not OFFICALLY proven to be!!!

hi, sorry if i´m wrong now or talking nonsence, but i always thaught that the topspeed of 251 mph of the dauer 962 lm were timed officially? probably i´m wrong!
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:27 AM   #129
Thorst13
AF Enthusiast

No, you're not wrong in any way!

The Dauer 962 is the fastest road legal car produced in more than 1 unit!
The McLaren is the fastest "roadcar" with a production status which require over 100 units!

Every car has the potnential to be lightining fast if you just spend enough $$ on it!

What matters is what performance it was given by the manufacturer!
Thorst13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:22 AM   #130
Speed_Freak19897
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM_tuner
i was wondering if any one new what the fastest production car is?.The 3 cars that claim to be the fastest car are the dauer 962 , Bugatti Veyron , and the Koenigsegg CC. Ive heard the dauer 962 is the fastest but i dont know. And about the Bugatti Veyron , is that even a production car?
the veyron goes into production in 05.
Speed_Freak19897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:27 AM   #131
Speed_Freak19897
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirAllen01
I would go with the McLaren F1 has the fastest top speed, but the fastest accelerating car in the world is the Viper Venom 800 Twin Turbo with 0-60 times of 2.2 seconds. The Camaro ZL-1 accelerates 0-60 at 2.3 seconds.
The Saab 9-3 Viggen hits 60 in 2.1 seconds. But it only tops out at 165.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:31 AM   #132
Speed_Freak19897
AF Newbie

What i think would be a great race is these cars on Nurburgring: TVR Cerbera Speed 12, McLaren F1, Koenigsegg CC V8S, Bugatti Veyron and a 911 GT1.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:56 PM   #133
Ra_15
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Ra_15

Buy Project Gotham 2, its the only place you could do that! I still think that its amazing that the McLaren still officially holds the top speed for a production car after over 10 years.

My Gallery

To draw with a broken pencil is pointless.

Call me Ross.
Ra_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 05:34 AM   #134
kuluvu
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorst13
Guys!

Ya, why don't you slap a couple turbos on the McLaren and watch the pistons detonate because the compression is too high.
kuluvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:02 PM   #135
Cockrocket
AF Enthusiast

The Mclaren f1 is the most amazing car ever made and the Swedeshave proven that. They feel they have to put 2 huge turbos on a v8 to make a massive 800bhp (just less than 200bhp more than the F1) to beat the Mclaren, i still think koenigsegg is the only compnay out their that wants the highest production car speed record, every othe manufacture is aiming at more practical feel and speed round a track. The F1 does it all, speed, looks, handling and i especialy love the LM version!...that would kill a enzo hands down in a straight line and round a track. Bare in mind every single report i have read about Mclaren Vs Enzo, Porsche GT, Lambo etc..every single one says the mclaren is still better despite being 10 years old. One of the best cars ever made!
Cockrocket is offline   Reply With Quote