Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #46
moe171
AF Enthusiast

Peace, Unity, Respect

You say this is what you live by but if you lose one you lose all. What I mean is you started a thread which broke the Unity(Unity of loyal AF members and you trying to change that by sending them elsewhere). Now a war is started which breaks the peace. And without peace you have no respect.

I am not trying to start the war back up as it seems this thread is starting to get the Peace, Unity and Respect back. Just putting in my
Old 09-06-2003, 02:12 AM   #47
cyclone1410
Honda Convert

As much as this thread has appeared to get up the nose of people eveyone is entitled to their opinion. Consequently I fully support its creation.

I, personally, don't agree that overall AF is boring. It is, like almost everything in life, what you make it. If you want more exciting cars made well just start the ball rolling yourselves. If you want to see more racers then make some. Stimulate peoples thoughts by posting new ideas for different subjects.

I do think though that at times there can be too much of the same thing for my taste however that doesn't make it unexciting or boring. It just means you have to dig a little deeper to find the interesting bits.

Anyway I have vented and feel a little better. My glass is now empty so I better go and make my fifth scotch.

That's my
Old 09-06-2003, 02:48 AM   #48
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Re: AF - A little Bit boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe171
Peace, Unity, Respect

You say this is what you live by but if you lose one you lose all. What I mean is you started a thread which broke the Unity(Unity of loyal AF members and you trying to change that by sending them elsewhere). Now a war is started which breaks the peace. And without peace you have no respect.

I am not trying to start the war back up as it seems this thread is starting to get the Peace, Unity and Respect back. Just putting in my
I don't think that starting a free to show your opinions thread is breaking any unity. I was never trying to send them elsewhere, I said they could check out Lay it Low if they wanted to see some models that we don't see very often, I think that's creating unity, not breaking it. Everyone has been contributing "2 cents" in here just about so you can't say that has anything to do with respect or peace. I don't think it was ever lost here, I hope it never is, those 3 words are some of the most important words in the english language I think.

OrangeR - If you find people posting opinions boring then just don't come into threads like this one, it's that simple. I don't find reading other peoples opinions boring, it's very interesting if you read them all. The pictures and tips are found in other threads, not this one.
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:35 AM   #49
OrangeR
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to OrangeR
Re: Re: AF - A little Bit boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpura Delujo

OrangeR - If you find people posting opinions boring then just don't come into threads like this one, it's that simple. I don't find reading other peoples opinions boring, it's very interesting if you read them all. The pictures and tips are found in other threads, not this one.
mmm... you know what??? You're totally wrigth. I'll take what seems to be YOUR advice and never come back to things that I just don't like 100 percent. No more reason to argue so I'll just say good by... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!!! Isn't that the same advice other people tried to give you???

Come on How do you try to get respect when you don't DO what you PREACH???

Any way I'm still taking your advice and please "No te lo tomes tan en serio" I understand you know a little spanish wrigth. Let's keep it like that and dont argue about this anymore.

Hope to see some models from you later.

Hey!!! monkeys can't recreate things with such perfection.
Respect the evolution!!! (message to people making fun of our hobby)
OrangeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:44 AM   #50
rx7king
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rx7king
i think the only thing getting boring, is this thread
Old 09-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #51
egon_dude
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to egon_dude
Well i have finally got round to looking at layitlow.com, and i have to say that i think the models here at AF are of a much higher standard, and to me, more interesting. All the models i saw at layitlow had some good ideas, but were not carried out with nearly as much class as some of the models i have seen here- maybe its because i have never seen a lowrider in real life so its all a bit alien to me. Here in the UK its pretty common to see tuned up Imprezas and civics, theres even a garage at the bottom of my road that specializes in import cars and always has a few skylines on the forecourt. Although i do not biuld these sort of cars, i can relate to them in the real world. I like GT racing cars, and due to the fact i live within cycling distance of Brands Hatch racing circuit, i have seen many racing cars in the real. This real world experience is a major part of modelling, as we are trying to make a tiny but perfect representation of the world around us. If we have no experience of an object, how can we model it well? Many of the members of AF are european, where the lowriding scene is pretty non existent, but GT racing, european supercars, drifting, and tuned jap cars are all pretty common. So thats what you get being modelled here.
So if you like lowriders, fair enough, but i personally think AF is more interesting.

Only smarties have the answer . . . .
egon_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 06:59 PM   #52
cyclone1410
Honda Convert

Re: AF - A little Bit boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by egon_dude
Well i have finally got round to looking at layitlow.com, and i have to say that i think the models here at AF are of a much higher standard, and to me, more interesting. All the models i saw at layitlow had some good ideas, but were not carried out with nearly as much class as some of the models i have seen here- maybe its because i have never seen a lowrider in real life so its all a bit alien to me. Here in the UK its pretty common to see tuned up Imprezas and civics, theres even a garage at the bottom of my road that specializes in import cars and always has a few skylines on the forecourt. Although i do not biuld these sort of cars, i can relate to them in the real world. I like GT racing cars, and due to the fact i live within cycling distance of Brands Hatch racing circuit, i have seen many racing cars in the real. This real world experience is a major part of modelling, as we are trying to make a tiny but perfect representation of the world around us. If we have no experience of an object, how can we model it well? Many of the members of AF are european, where the lowriding scene is pretty non existent, but GT racing, european supercars, drifting, and tuned jap cars are all pretty common. So thats what you get being modelled here.
So if you like lowriders, fair enough, but i personally think AF is more interesting.

Well said. The same applies to here in Australia. As I said before it is what you make it.