Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > TVR > Cerbera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #16
Hudson
Old Mod

That's what the "12" in Speed 12 means. It's a V12 engine.

The Cerbera is offered in three models:

The Cerbera 4.2 is a TVR-designed 4.2L 75-degree V8 producing 360hp.
The Cerbera 4.5 is a 4.5L version of the above engine producing 420hp.
The Cerbera Speed Six uses a 350hp 4.0L inline six.

No Speed Twelve model. As far as I know, the Speed Twelve has never been built for the street...not yet...and only a few testers have ever been unleashed on the track.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 03:21 AM   #17
Jimmy2times
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Jimmy2times Send a message via AIM to Jimmy2times
im not sure if its in production yet but the cerbera speed 12 is the only car TVR will release to the public with the engine. The original "speed 12" car was meant to be a lemans and GT racer (dont know if ive said this b4) and one stipulation of entering these races is there must be a road going version of the car available. The "speed 12" does not race and so therfore the road version never came out, they just made the cerbera speed 12 instead. Im sure u all know what the 2 cars look like, just as well cos im too dumb to be able to put pics up
"You stick to building tractors and i will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari, in a letter of reply to a man who complained that his gearboxes were not "all that". That man owned a company called "lamborghini"
Jimmy2times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 09:25 AM   #18
valleys_boy2002
AF Newbie

Question i wana buy a speed 12 but dont know how

:finger: :sun: I want to buy a tvr 12 speed and i have the money but i have no idea as i cant get through to tvr to buy one? some one help!!!!!!
valleys_boy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 06:20 PM   #19
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Well, if you live in the states, you aren't likely to get one. I believe if you wanted to get anywhere fast, you would go to the factory and talk to them to show you could buy one.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:20 PM   #20
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

American road laws are ridiculous, but I do suppose they have reason in the end.
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:39 AM   #21
Fod
AF Newbie

i believe i can clear this up a little..

the first incarnation was just the TVR Speed 12 GT 1, most people saw the matalic purple one that was at the Earls court motor show in London about 1996, this was developed as some one said for GT racing with possibility of Le Mans series races, however it did race GT didnt make it to Le Mans

the second incarnation is the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 GT 2, this has also raced in GT also not made Le Mans, this has been changed (body work only) so it resembles the rest of the Cerbera line and is less race car looking (damn shame too)

I have posted pictures of them both on another thread about the speed 12 so you can play spot the difference

good luck trying to buy a Speed 12 GT 1 i've been trying for almost 4 years and still no joy.. although recently been shown a GT 2 for sale! and i'm affraid you have even less chance if you're in the states!!!

on the subject of Le Mans and TVR's none attendance there are rumours fo 2 TVR Tuscans being built for Le Mans (rumours not denied by TVR themselves) they should be appearing in 24 hour race series soon if they are going to do it that is!!

Hope this helps!!!

(still looking for my Speed 12 GT 1)
Fod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 08:42 AM   #22
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I would like to see that... Who are going to be the drivers?
Old 11-08-2002, 03:13 AM   #23
Fod
AF Newbie

To be honest i couldn't tell you it's all speculation at the moment! but i'd assume they'd look at there GT teams drivers already used to the Tuscan!
Fod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:42 PM   #24
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I should have joined a racing team. People have said many times that I am good enough, including professionsals I have been on the tracks with.

<--- An ambition lost --->
Old 01-08-2003, 09:03 AM   #25
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

ell this car is in EVO magazine this month, in an interview with the TVR engine shop guy "Andy". What he says pretty much clears up any speculation of power figures, prices etc.. For the power figures, noone knows, the race cars were restricted to around 660 to 680bhp, but the fully unrestricted road car engine was only ever dyno'd once on TVR's 1000bhp dyno.......and it broke it. The torque from the engine snapped the input shaft to the dyno before a proper reading could be taken. The only way the car ever had a half accurate power figure was when the car was run seperately on 2 banks of cylinders, and each of the two banks was dyno'd seperately. From combining this TVR could only estimate the power, to be around 940bhp at 7200rpm.

And on it's price/availablilty. The owner of TVR drove the car once, and knew straight away the car was too dangerous. It was too powerful for its own good. Nearly 1000bhp in a car weighing just over a ton. So as for the rumours that one or two will be built per month for customers, its no longer true. The undisclosed number of cars already built have been locked away, and you will never be able to buy or drive a road going TVR Speed 12.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:48 PM   #26
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
hey wasap

:jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie: :jumpie:
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 09:30 PM   #27
YellowMaranello
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YellowMaranello
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R
ell this car is in EVO magazine this month, in an interview with the TVR engine shop guy "Andy". What he says pretty much clears up any speculation of power figures, prices etc.. For the power figures, noone knows, the race cars were restricted to around 660 to 680bhp, but the fully unrestricted road car engine was only ever dyno'd once on TVR's 1000bhp dyno.......and it broke it. The torque from the engine snapped the input shaft to the dyno before a proper reading could be taken. The only way the car ever had a half accurate power figure was when the car was run seperately on 2 banks of cylinders, and each of the two banks was dyno'd seperately. From combining this TVR could only estimate the power, to be around 940bhp at 7200rpm.

And on it's price/availablilty. The owner of TVR drove the car once, and knew straight away the car was too dangerous. It was too powerful for its own good. Nearly 1000bhp in a car weighing just over a ton. So as for the rumours that one or two will be built per month for customers, its no longer true. The undisclosed number of cars already built have been locked away, and you will never be able to buy or drive a road going TVR Speed 12.
bugger..... :cry:
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 08:57 AM   #28
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I would like to be the judge if the car was too powerful for its own good.
REally, a few select customers would be fine; there have been race cars with better power to weight ratios, and no one has complained about them. And lets be honest, any speed 12 would likely spend most of its time on the track.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:29 AM   #29
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
Not unless you bought TVR

I thought The V10 Version of the TVR Cebera was pretty fast too

Old 06-18-2003, 10:56 AM   #30
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
yeh it is amazingly quick
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote