Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #16
drewh4386
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drewh4386 Send a message via MSN to drewh4386 Send a message via Yahoo to drewh4386
Re: Re: Re: GT vs. GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
the GT has that also
or was it anti lock brakes..?

....It has been a LONG time...I want to move to FL or Japan.....
drewh4386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:57 PM   #17
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd
Re: GT vs. GTS

it would have been anti-lock brakes because my car (as i learned the hard way) does not have the anti-lock brakes i guess that is also considered one of the "options" on a GT thatcome standard on a GTS

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:38 AM   #18
drewh4386
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drewh4386 Send a message via MSN to drewh4386 Send a message via Yahoo to drewh4386

I dunno. I read somewhere the antilock on came on gts?

....It has been a LONG time...I want to move to FL or Japan.....
drewh4386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:25 AM   #19
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

yes it comes standard on the GTS but i do not think its an option on the GT(or thats what the dealer told me when i got my first GT). GTS also has power seats.(i cant remember if thats been mentioned)
eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:13 PM   #20
Khemin
AF Newbie

Will any 3G GTS plenum fit a 2000 Eclipse GT? Or might a particular year GTS plenum be optimal? Thanx!
Khemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:33 PM   #21
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: GT vs. GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemin
Will any 3G GTS plenum fit a 2000 Eclipse GT? Or might a particular year GTS plenum be optimal? Thanx!
yes. the GTS started production in '03. so any '03+ GTS plenum will fit on a GT.

the '02 GT Spyders also have the GTS engine
Old 07-06-2005, 12:49 PM   #22
Khemin
AF Newbie

Quote:
yes. the GTS started production in '03. so any '03+ GTS plenum will fit on a GT.

the '02 GT Spyders also have the GTS engine

Hmmm... next question then is: Where can one find a GTS plenum w/o having to go to the dealer (they want over $900 for one!)? I've tried all the junkyards and "auto recyclers" that there are and, even after they did a nationwide database search... nothing. Any aftermarket GTS plenums or possible other sources for them? Thanx in advance!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:56 PM   #23
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

go to www.club3g.com and go to the forsale section. you have to remember, you need other parts along with the intake manifold. it isnt a straight bolt on. you have to make modifications to the wiring and hoses
Old 07-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #24
Khemin
AF Newbie

Re: Re: GT vs. GTS

Quote:
go to www.club3g.com and go to the forsale section. you have to remember, you need other parts along with the intake manifold. it isnt a straight bolt on. you have to make modifications to the wiring and hoses
Sounds like I'm talking to the right guy, then. It had been my impression that it was a pretty straight-forward swap. Please help me (and us all) understand what needs to be done to accomplish this plenum swap.

Also, in trying to locate a GTS plenum for my '00 GT, it would really help if I knew which exact p/n to ask for. I believe (after calling around) that the p/n is: MR561656. Is this correct?

Thanx so much in advance!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:16 PM   #25
Khemin
AF Newbie

Quote:
Sounds like I'm talking to the right guy, then. It had been my impression that it was a pretty straight-forward swap. Please help me (and us all) understand what needs to be done to accomplish this plenum swap.

Also, in trying to locate a GTS plenum for my '00 GT, it would really help if I knew which exact p/n to ask for. I believe (after calling around) that the p/n is: MR561656. Is this correct?

Thanx so much in advance!

I may have helped answer my own question through further research (please let me know!). Here's apparently a great thread w/ pics that details how to swap the GT with the GTS plenum: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531 .

Might anyone have additional details to add?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #26
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: GT vs. GTS

Quote:
I may have helped answer my own question through further research (please let me know!). Here's apparently a great thread w/ pics that details how to swap the GT with the GTS plenum: http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531 .

Might anyone have additional details to add?
damn!!! you searched!!! im impressed. i have nothing else to add. i will look for the part number though.

i couldnt find the part number....but i did find somebody who was selling one on 6-29. you can see if she still has it available. PM her....
http://www.club3g.com/forum/member.php?userid=2261
Old 07-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #27
Khemin
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GT vs. GTS

Quote:
damn!!! you searched!!! im impressed. i have nothing else to add. i will look for the part number though.

i couldnt find the part number....but i did find somebody who was selling one on 6-29. you can see if she still has it available. PM her....
http://www.club3g.com/forum/member.php?userid=2261

How 'bout that? There are those of us who don't need to be pablum fed 24/7. hehehe.

Thanx for the advice re: the one for possible sale. I pm'd her and hope to hear back soon.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #28
Khemin
AF Newbie

Hey eclipsed4utoo! I haven't had time to research this and hope you might be online now and able to answer quickly. I have a handle on a Diamante VRX plenum (supposedly better than the GTS plenum) w/ option to also buy the VRX throttle body. Would you recommend buying the throttle body, too? Or is the stock GT throttle body the same in performance? THANX!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #29
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

i would say get the throttle body. i think its larger(i cant remember)
Old 07-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #30
porschemech1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Drew
I'm sure this gets asked a thousand times, but my gf wants an eclipse, and i was wondering what the differences are between the GT and GTS.

My 2003 gts only takes high test gas or it pings.This pisses me off! Why only give me a rev limiter of 6500 rpm if its a high comp. engine thats bullshit. I bought this car for my ex because she wanted it .When I bought it at auction it was 6 months old. The throwout bearing was noisy and the dealer tryed to denie it. Alla class action lawsuit fuckers fixed it after third complaint and a aplication for lawsuit. At the time I thought it was a good deal 15,300 at auction. Well I hate this car and if I had to chose between a WRX, a Evo or a old porsche I would go w, the old porsche. I will never buy another fukin Mtushubishi product again! even if its a TV. The fit finish and over all quality of this product sucked not to mention customer service is fuck you. Well guess Wat Ceo's of this company are in jail for a reason. They try to hide quality isues w/ their trucks and it caused deaths. So what comes around goes around. I wish this company death. Thats my two cents for wat ever its worth. I'm takin this car back to the auction this week as I have had it advertised for sale since the day I bought it for below wholesale and no bites.... Hmmm must be a reason huh.
porschemech1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+