Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > EB Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
johnnywha5
AF Newbie

cylinder misfire

just recently purchase a 2000 BMW 323i/75kmiles. I notice that the car hesitates when in acceleration. So I took it to my mechanic to have it checked out. He discovered 3 problems. Cylinder 3 is misfiring; fuel and air metering; and a leak in the transmission. I still have a warranty with the dealer where I bought the car. Am I better off getting it serviced in an authorized BMW service center? Or, just take it back to the dealer.
I want my car to be in tip top condition. Do you guys have any recommendations as to how should I decide on this? Thanks!
johnnywha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
First of all, why the HELL did you make this thread in the Bugatti forum? I think it would do a little better in, oh, I dont know, the BMW 3 Series forum. But apart form that, a cylinder misfire is caused by the timing of the spark plug on that individual cylinder. I would say change the spark plug with a new one, such as a Bosche Platnum, Platnum 2, or Platnum 4. They all make great sparks. You could even buy 6 and not have a problem. Or you go to the dealership nad they'd replace it for free. So whatever you want to do is fine. Next time, however, post all BMW questions in the BMW forum.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > EB Models