Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #1
Frankmnld
AF Newbie

Mitsubishi Grandis 2wd 2004 Grinding noise

Good day.

1st time ever here. Appreciate if get some advise

I have a mitsubishi grandis 2004 manual 2wd benzine. Having a problem with the car.

Whenever i went on a highway and as soon as it reaches 100km. I starts to hear a deep dull grrrr grrrrr grrrr kind of noice coming from the front of the car. Its kind of grinding. If i push throttle to go beyond 100km it disappears until i keep pushing it further but when ever i hold it steady at 100km or above it starts to do that.

At speeds lower than 100km i do not here it.. grinding or that grrrrr grrrrr sound comes only when steady.. disengaging gear makes it disapear..

Today i went to 120km and at once pushed the clutch padel and kept it pushed. Grinding dispeared. I ride mostly at 100km and its too much irritating having this grrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrr noice. Its loud but deep and dull.

I can here it if i am at driving or passenger seat. The car do have 1 front brake rotter which is a bit crooked. Could it be that?

Today was at a local workshop. The man said cv axles needs to replace but its a hit and trial..

Can anyone advise what could it be.
??
Thanks..
Frankmnld is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion