Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 02:18 AM   #91
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Its a small world after all
Old 02-26-2002, 12:46 AM   #92
pismeov
AF Newbie

Exclamation What??

Viper10: "The germans completely f_cked up a healthy growing company like chrysler to pay off their crippling debt"

have you been buried under a rock or something? the chrysler group is losing money, not daimler-benz--even before daimlerchrysler came. now, as like back then, the mercedes brand is still making money--more so than ever before. the mitsubishi and chrysler brands, however, are losing money. chrysler still has the same problems it always had--mainly quality issues. they had this problem before daimler-benz came in, and they still have it now. and how can you associate the s-class with the intrepid? they look no where similar. name a part of the s-class that's anywhere near an intrepid. in fact, find someone else who thinks an s-class looks like an intrepid. you might as well say that the 3-series looks like a neon.

now, don't get me wrong, i think the new viper is nice--nicer than the old one, even. although the interior looks a bit cheap. the stereo looks like it's been lifted right off the grand cherokee (or a dodge caravan, for that matter), the overall quality of the interior seems a bit tacky for a car of its intended price range. but overall, it's an improvement. and if that's what you think, then that's about all i'll agree with you.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:20 AM   #93
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 87AccordsterLX
well you are definitly entittled to your opinion... all I have to say is that for a car to have 450hp and 490 lb/ft tourqe give or take a lilttle.. it doesnt need to have a 4 star interior... if you pull up next to a viper at a red light.. your interior doesnt seem to hold much weight anymore.. not to mention the fact that every interior is capable of a little modifacation... it's easyier to buy a stereo than it is to buy a 8.0 liter v10... and with top speeds of 190+ mph your not really thinking about your interior as much as you are about every car bluring by... sorry Im just a big time dodge fan and I think you have to give more credit to them then that....

~3geez member since August 1, 2001~
www.3geez.com
Old 02-26-2002, 12:46 PM   #94
saver83
AF Newbie

Well hehe...
Ima add my two cents here I guess.
Personally, I don't like the new Viper like I like the Gen1 and Gen2 ones.
But that doesn't mean that I don't droool on this picture as if I was leaking. For sure not. I like the car.
But the "original" Viper is a lot more masculine (the usual phallus shape like on all good cars: E-Type, Maranello, Viper etc.) and these curves...
Wow... I mean, the new "Snake" has the long hood as well, but it doesn't look muscular due to the lack of curves in the body's shape. The old one looks like a trained male body with a good six-pack (no, not the one you drink, the one you get when you DON'T drink) and all.
And that Passat driver's comment really puts again a bad light on Germans. I mean, it's okay if he doesn't like, but wow... For no reason? FUCKIN UGLY or sth... Wow... What a good argumentation.
Im german too, and I hope I won't get a reply like that passat dude got from Viper 10 (high five, m8, you got it right with your cars and all). I dont see no reasons for that atm, too.
So... Yea, I have to agree that I don't think the S-Class looks like an Intreprid tho. S-Class looks better... But... There are a lot of crappy german cars, too, so the German cars are not always better.
I only have TWO german cars on my wish-list, too:
These are: AUDI S8 and AUDI RS4.

Peace out, doods!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:27 PM   #95
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Yeah american and german cars aint all that.....its all about the imports.....reliability and speed in one....
Old 03-01-2002, 12:14 PM   #96
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: What??

Quote:
Originally posted by pismeov
Viper10: "The germans completely f_cked up a healthy growing company like chrysler to pay off their crippling debt"

have you been buried under a rock or something? the chrysler group is losing money, not daimler-benz--even before daimlerchrysler came. now, as like back then, the mercedes brand is still making money--more so than ever before. the mitsubishi and chrysler brands, however, are losing money. chrysler still has the same problems it always had--mainly quality issues. they had this problem before daimler-benz came in, and they still have it now. and how can you associate the s-class with the intrepid? they look no where similar. name a part of the s-class that's anywhere near an intrepid. in fact, find someone else who thinks an s-class looks like an intrepid. you might as well say that the 3-series looks like a neon.

now, don't get me wrong, i think the new viper is nice--nicer than the old one, even. although the interior looks a bit cheap. the stereo looks like it's been lifted right off the grand cherokee (or a dodge caravan, for that matter), the overall quality of the interior seems a bit tacky for a car of its intended price range. but overall, it's an improvement. and if that's what you think, then that's about all i'll agree with you.
Pissy:

Since when does anyone buy a Viper for it's amenities and the quality of the interior? If you want cupholders and pretty cushy interiors, go buy a Corvette, NSX or Porsche. Your comments sound more like a jealous person, than that of a sports car enthusiast.

I believe that the unfriendly takeover of Chrysler by Daimler was the worse thing that could have ever happened to this blossoming American icon.

First off, boy wonder Bob Eaton ousted Bob Lutz before the merger, who happened to be credited as the visionary at Chrysler (and the only Chrysler exec who spoke and understood German because of his time with BMW). Lutz is now in a position to kick the crap out of DC at GM.

Secondly, the reason for the takeover was because Chrysler was a cash cow (with over $100 million in the bank at the time of the merger), and Daimler was on the verge of bankruptcy (insolvency). The result of the merger was that Daimler paid off a significant portion of the debt, and sold Chysler's soul in the process.

Thirdly, I would not call this a merger of companies when every significant senior exec from Chrysler left the company within a year of the merger. The German's cannot stand the management style of the Americans, and it shows.

Forth, the quality of Daimler is highly overrated. DC's quality since the merger has gotten worse, than what Chrysler was doing before... what happened to German quality? It's all marketing.

I believe that Daimler actually hurt Chrysler's racing program. The Nascar effort was committed to long before the meger. DC dropped the Viper racing program at the peak of it's dominance, and replaced it with an okay LMP effort (probably because the Chrysler LMP directly competed with the MB LMP cars). DC fired Team Oreca (who went undefeated in the Vipers of 2 1/2 seasons of Le Mans and ALMS racing (with 3 consecutive wins at Le Mans-Daytona-Sebring). Never has an American manufacturer been this dominant. Where are they now? Absolutely invisible, with no plans in the future of campaigning the Viper or any other Chrysler product in these series'. I think that what Daimler did to the racing effort has been pathetic. The only upside was their Nascar effort.

You will find that this was a merger of similar companies, rather than complimentary companies. I understand that there are taalks going on about taking Chrysler private again.

Read the book called "Taken For A Ride...How Daimler-Benz Drove Off With Chrysler" (by Vlasic and Stertz). It will tell you the painful truth about this marriage.

Brad

Old 03-01-2002, 05:29 PM   #97
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Very well put Brad.... Let me know when you think you'll be expecting to have her back together and we'll meet for lunch or something... you did say 6 weeks right.. think they'll finish earlier???? Hey we are going to race right...LOL... my 115hp vs. your what 460...??... I think I can take you...lol...... hey a 6 cyclinder difference is nothing.... hehe.... take care...

www.3geez.com
Old 03-01-2002, 05:42 PM   #98
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
Quote:
Originally posted by 87AccordsterLX
... J_Spec, What's your name?? That is pretty wierd that we go to the same school being that people from all over the world use this forum... Ya there are 2 other people besides myself with 87-88 accords at costa...but you can set mine apart rather easily...just listen for my intake/exhaust it's really loud. The only other kid that I could say would have one close to mine is this guy w/ a 90-93 accord white w/ rims. Its rather funny because whenever we see eachother we rev our engines purely to show off and to see who's is louder (I dont even know him). Its all good fun though. ONLY IF I HAD A VIPER!!!!!! lol...one day... When are you getting your integ? drop me an email nathan@ghalili.com... same to you Brad... It would be cool to talk cars w/ someone that actually has one worth talking about..lol..... If not I'll drop you one soon....
PEACE!!! :flash:

My name is Brandon. I know it's kinda weird that we go to the same school. Just today I saw the other person with the white accord and rims outside woodshop during 5th. If I can't find a GSR by this summer, then I will probably get a 94 or 96 4.6 Mustang and supercharge it (they respond VERY well to boost). Maybe I'll see you around.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:38 PM   #99
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Ya those mustangs are quick cars but I think you should really try hard to get that GSR.... There are so many things you can do to an Acura that you couldnt do to a Mustang... Sure it goes both ways but it's my opinion that you'll have way more fun working on a GSR then you will with a Mustang.... Hey where do you usually hang out at during break/lunch.. I think I know who you are but Im not sure..... anyways check out autotrader.com and even ebay.. I'm sure you'll find one pretty quick if you keep at it.... How much are you looking to pay for it??

www.3geez.com
Old 03-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #100
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

During Snack I usually stay by the soda machines by the gym, but sometimes wander. At lunch, I hang out right by the exit of the cafeteria closest to the teachers eating place. About halfway through, I walk with soke of my friends to the locker hall by the swimming pool.

I am slightly biased towards imports as opposed to muscle, but I think that if I can't find a GSR around $6500 or so, then a Mustang would be a much better choice than an Integra LS. I know I could do the LS-VTEC swap, but it doesnt really seem worth it...

Youre a junor, right? You know a senior named Dereck Paulsen?
Old 03-02-2002, 12:05 AM   #101
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

Nah.. I'm a senior.. and the name sounds familiar... Im sure that If I saw him I would recognise him.... what kind of car does he drive??? I just searched autotrader.com and I found 16 listings of 95 integs from $4000-$7000 and half of them are under $6500...all of them in the area... You should check it out.... ya if you decide to go 4 imports dont do any engine swaps unless you buy the car for cheap w/ a bad engine.... Well either way they're both good cars... my cousin and 3 of my friends have mustangs and they love them so either way you'll be happy... your a sophamore right...?? do you know my friend Corrine Lee...?? She hangs out by the teachers lounge too...

www.3geez.com
Old 03-02-2002, 01:36 PM   #102
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

I have been looking at autotrader.com for a while and can only find Integra LS's. I can find plenty of Mustangs though. I don't think I know your friend, but I have heard her name. Dereck doen't have a car, but will get a Cvic soon. What color is your Accord?
Old 03-02-2002, 06:13 PM   #103
87AccordsterLX
AF Enthusiast

My Accords a dark blue color... Im getting it painted soon (most likely black).. I have a 4th gen. accord spoiler on the way so that should be on in 2-3 weeks.... I'm saving up for tires(205/40-16) and rims (O.Z. superleggera) as well as a full body kit (kaminari)....drop 2.25 inch... along with some other things... Im thinking the entire thing with be done around the end of summer break...

www.3geez.com
Old 03-11-2002, 02:58 AM   #104
th0nng
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to th0nng
Question Viper looks like Camaro and Vette?

I dont usually make fun of other peoples posts but I couldnt help this time I even signed up just so I could. Someone needs to sit the person down and show him some pictures of Camaros and Vettes. I own a Camaro and my dad owns a Corvette and I can tell you that the new Viper looks nothing like either one.

V
V
\/

"Viper
I think the Viper engineers should get the hell out of the wind tunnell. Its a good think Larry Shinoda passed away so he didnt have to see such an ugly car. -> The 2003 Viper in general looks like a cheap knock off of the Camaro. <-The bubbly front looks like a Dodge Dakota and ->the rear just ends like the new Vette.<- rom the side the car looks like an ironing board and from the top it looks like a tug boat. It has absolutely no nice lines. The Viper was a beutiful car, they really screwed up a good thing. I've seen Miata's that look nicer than the new Viper. We can only pray that Dodge realizes this before 2003.
-Pat"
Old 03-17-2002, 07:46 AM   #105
crayzayjay
CFA

Viper 10>
Quote:
There is not a single factory (including Porsche and Ferrari) that can match Chrysler's dominance in racing (ala NASCAR, NHRA and more recently Le Mans and ALMS)
you sound like you know vipers very well, but that statement just doesnt hold, im sorry. Porsche has the most successful racing history of all time, thats a fact. i wouldnt call chrysler a more dominant racing firm than ferrari either....
and for what its worth, the new viper looks ok , but not a patch on the old one... oh ya, and if someone drives a passat or regular car, it doesnt take away their right to call ANY car ugly if they think it is.. like i said, i dont think the new viper is spectacular, and i dont drive a supercar... its just my opinion

cheers,
jay

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster