Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 08:15 PM   #16
adambeckbell
AF Newbie

Its still a Viper

and its still frikin BAD! :sun:
Sport Compact SCI Ignition
MSD Blaster Coil
MSD Modified Racing Distributor Cap
Matrix 9.3 MM Racing Wires
Front Tower Strut Bar
Lowering Springs
Chrome 17"s
AEM Fuel Rail
Fuel Pressure Regulator & Gague
Carbon Fiber Interior Details
Skyline style Altezzas
White Face Gauges w/ full & reversible indiglo (blue/green)
Sony Xplod Head Unit, all Sony Xplod speakers, Sony Xplod 1000 watt amp, 2 12" Sony Xplod subs
Old 10-18-2001, 03:12 PM   #17
atc_rider
AF Newbie

that is an awsome looking car :flash: :flash:
Old 10-18-2001, 03:36 PM   #18
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Re: Viper

Quote:
Originally posted by 68vette
I think the Viper engineers should get the hell out of the wind tunnell. Its a good think Larry Shinoda passed away so he didnt have to see such an ugly car. The 2003 Viper in general looks like a cheap knock off of the Camaro. The bubbly front looks like a Dodge Dakota and the rear just ends like the new Vette. From the side the car looks like an ironing board and from the top it looks like a tug boat. It has absolutely no nice lines. The Viper was a beutiful car, they really screwed up a good thing. I've seen Miata's that look nicer than the new Viper. We can only pray that Dodge realizes this before 2003.
-Pat
Larry Shinoda was a good designer, but he had his share of uglies too. My good friend was in charge of getting Larry's place in the Ford, GM and Japanese-American Museums. Larry did a stint over at White Freightliner too. I like Shinoda's styling, but he wasn't perfect by any means. Having met Larry, I think that he would have liked the new Viper, and he would have found ways to clean up the lines to make them more distinct.

The convertible will be coming out next summer, so you probably won't see many changes. The big question is whether or not DC will be producing the GTS Coupe version of the Gen 3. As it stands right now, they are not going to do it. The closest thing that you will see to one is the Competition Coupe, which is strictly a track car. There will only be 25 made and they are not a replacement for the GTS-R's that dominated Le Mans, Daytona and Sebring. Oreca has been dropped by DC as its factory race team (which also means that the LMP program is up in the air too).

Before you get on the wagon comparing the looks of a Viper to a Miata, take a look at this car as an evolutionary change( and not the revolutionary change that the original RT and GTS's were). The purpose of this body style was to get the production car over 200 mph (out of the showroom) and an affordable price. It's hard for any factory to develop tasteful looking evolutionary cars. I personally don't care for the Gen 3 convertible at all, and the GTS is more palatable. I think that the guys a DC 'feminized" the Viper.

JMO.

Brad

Old 11-09-2001, 10:29 PM   #19
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: errmm

Quote:
Originally posted by jay@af

That makes three times someone's said they think the Viper looks like the S2000. (And not vice-versa) Hmmm...
Make it 4 man!! New Viper rear end looks much nicer to the eye than previous generation for me. Overall I give it a 10/10 for the re-design.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:32 PM   #20
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I can just imagine how hard it is to keep this monster under control. Where can you use the 500+hp.
Old 11-10-2001, 12:50 AM   #21
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Let's put it this way, the torque makes the Viper a real handful even at the track (as in road racing circuits). From what I understand, it can hurt you at the drag races (even though I have never ventured on to a 1/4 mile track). In reality, the torque sharply reduces your margin for error.

Once you get used to it (and learn to respect it), it is a real rush. You just have to do your thinking with your big brain (and not the little one below your waste).

Have a great Veteran's Day weekend.

Brad

Old 11-14-2001, 03:22 PM   #22
viperluvr2002
AF Newbie

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth
Thats got to be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!!!!:angel:
Old 11-14-2001, 05:19 PM   #23
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by viperluvr2002
Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth
Thats got to be one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen!!!!:angel:
Thanks for the nice words. I'm sure that you can put a Viper on your target screen if you got a college degree and worked your tail off. It fun to own a car like this, but even more fun when you don't owe any money on it. I also have a very understanding wife who lets me follow my passions (which also means that she lets my Corvette keep my GTS company in the garage). My kids really love these cars too.

Be safe.

Brad

Old 11-14-2001, 05:52 PM   #24
F20C
AF Enthusiast

How is the maintenance for Viper?
Old 11-14-2001, 06:06 PM   #25
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Oil changes every 3,000 miles using synthetic oils, fluids twice a year. Everything else is covered under extended warranty. From my experience they are pretty reliable cars.

Brad

Old 11-14-2001, 06:17 PM   #26
F20C
AF Enthusiast

That doesn't sound too bad compare to the horror story from Ferrari owners.
Old 11-20-2001, 12:13 PM   #27
CRX 23
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CRX 23
2003 Viper

This isnt one of the better looking vipers. although a great car it looks to much like an NSX or avanger. id still drive it but not happy with its looks
Old 11-27-2001, 08:32 AM   #28
Rich
Never Fear, Rich is here!

Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally posted by Prelude1897
That bitch is bad. I'd drive the hell out of it and get hella pussy. Girls would just cream in their pants after seeing one of those
LOL!! :hehe:
Old 11-27-2001, 11:46 AM   #29
Viper 10
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C
That doesn't sound too bad compare to the horror story from Ferrari owners.
You mean this kind of horror? This is what can happen if you have a car that exceeds a drivers abilities...

Brad

Old 11-27-2001, 08:21 PM   #30
Skyline GT-R
AF Newbie

NOOOO! not a ferrari!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster