Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #166
Ran
AF Fanatic

i like the 2003 viper.

Please read the AF guidelines
if you haven't read them before.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:02 PM   #167
vortech
AF Enthusiast

thats interesting

the viper Srt-10 does a 1/4mi in about 11.9 and the new cobra at 15psi at a recent mustang shootout has been run by PaulSvinicki and has clipped off an 11.6 in the 1/4 mile and we aren't talkin about using slicks either. $79K--SRT 10 vs. $35K coupe = wow. Sounds like someone is getting ripped

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-11-2003, 01:37 AM   #168
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

it probably does faster then that. If the 450 hp Viper could do 11.9, this thing probably does 11.7 or .8. Maybe even better who knows, we'll just have to see someone do it first.

Quote:
new cobra at 15psi at a recent mustang shootout has been run by PaulSvinicki and has clipped off an 11.6
It's forced air induction on a V8, of course its fast as hell. 15 psi is a lot of boost power. Viper is doing close to those times without a supercharger so big deal. Don't bring up the cost bullshit again. If I had a lot of money and was able to afford a Viper I wouldn't give a damn what Ford has to offer with their supercharged vehicles. Mustangs are everywhere, Vipers aren't. The car is fast as hell, looks great, handles good, and it's something not seen everyday, I would buy it.

If I was dead serious about drag racing the car, I obviously have enough money to afford parts for it since I'm able to afford the Viper in the first place. I would buy low compression pistons, camshafts, all that good stuff to make it fully blown like a Cobra. So then after spending about 6-8 grand extra on a supercharger and intercooler, I got a car that is in the 10's on around 9 psi. Crank it up even more to like 15 or 20, I got a car doing 9's most likely. Not only that I'm going to need slicks. Which means I gotta rip out the independent suspension in the rear, and put some old stiff Chrysler rear end in it, not only have I just burnt a big hole in my pocket but I just killed the Viper's handling quite a bit. Expensive? Yeah, but since when is drag racing cheap? Why would I do that though, drag race a $80,000 car? Just spent all that money on a car, it's pushing like 900hp and now its barely streetable and I don't get to have fun with it because if just tap the gas I'm 50 miles down the road. It's cool to have a car that fast but its a waste if you don't get to enjoy that power on the road.

Whats your point? That the Cobra is more worth the money and the Viper isn't? The Cobra is worth every bit of the money. Anytime you can get a car with a supercharger, forged internal parts so you can crank it up to more boost then what the factory gives it, thats awesome. Thats one hell of a deal. The Supra is another car in that category. But look at what the Viper is compared to. It's a rich man's car so they compare this car to Corvettes and high dollar cars like Ferrari and Lamborghini. One of those 360 Modena cars with the V8 produce like 390 hp and it costs you like $200k. Now you got the Viper with a V10 that produces 500 horsepower for only $80k. Which is the better buy? Both are hand built so you can't say its the quality of the car. Naturally the Viper is. The Cobra and Viper are in a different category, so stop comparing them.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:11 PM   #169
vortech
AF Enthusiast

whats my point?

the Viper is overpriced. Its not an exotic-----beauty is in the eye of the beholder------and the new vipers-----aren't breathtaking like the 94-95s. Mustangs are everywhere-------but u don't see Cobras as often as you'd like to imply. The viper has a big block V-10 - and with the small block V-8 plus blower--------well---I say its definetely fare when comparing engines. Let's see Dodge send out a blown or turboed Viper out for mass production in the 1000s----don't think we'll see one. I really question your knowledge on other cars. I say that because it is very easy to take the current 03 cobra-----swap some suspension parts-----and easily come in way below the $80 Viper sticker---and exceed the 03s performance. If you think thats bullshit-----then you don't know about the aftermarket technology out there for stangs. The 03 is every bit as fast as the current Viper-----and its engine has the forged internals to handle up to 20 lbs boost. So I really don't think the Viper is in such a league of its own. The 03 Cobras are just as beautiful as the Vipers---if not more. Its all good though, because Cobra owners who actually have mods beyond an air filter and catback---no exactly what we have in our aftermarket to give our snakes serious bite. You can have your 900 hp so you can fill your empty pants-----but an 03 can be top dog over a Viper any given day.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-11-2003, 04:47 PM   #170
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The viper has a big block V-10 - and with the small block V-8 plus blower--------well---I say its definetely fare when comparing engines.
Not really, its pretty easy to get power out of forced air induction even with a small engine. Hell I can get this supercharger and intercooler for my S-10 that will put it at 350-360 hp on stock internal parts, 10 psi of boost. I don't even have to change the pistons or anything and I got a truck that has enough power to run with V8 Camaro's. It will also last as well, like the Cobra, the 4.3L V6 is cast-iron. Jumping from around 190-200 to 360 hp, not bad for $4,000. Now if I wanted to buy the internal parts and make it handle 20 psi, I could probably beat a Viper as well.

Quote:
Let's see Dodge send out a blown or turboed Viper out for mass production in the 1000s
Thats putting out a little too much power for a standard car to buy don't you think? A 1000 hp thats hardly streetable, that wouldn't sell at all so of course they won't do that. A 1000hp car as well, I can imagine the price tag on a car with that much power.
Quote:
Its not an exotic
What defines exotic? Exotic when it comes to cars, I've always thought it to mean, high powered, high price tag vehicle, very rare to see on the road, and is sold all over the world. Does the Viper not fit that category? As for your comment about the looks, you're saying that as a Ford fan, many people who like imports and domestics from all brands are going to disagree with that.

Besides cranking up the Cobra's psi level, I'd like to also know what else you can do to the vehicle to make it faster when it comes to modifying the engine. You already got some of the best internal parts for a supercharger, so what else is there that you could improve on the engine on the Cobra?

Quote:
I really question your knowledge on other cars. I say that because it is very easy to take the current 03 cobra-----swap some suspension parts
Really, you're going to insult me because I don't know whats available for a Cobra in the aftermarket? And what do you know about the aftermarket of a Viper? There are also suspension parts that can be changed in the Viper, you ever see that rear end Viper 10 posted on this forum? It might be in this topic. It's not like the Viper doesn't have an aftermarket supply as well you know. You keep trying to compare a stock car vs a modified car, thats not exactly fair.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:08 PM   #171
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
15 psi to a Viper with 8.5:1 compression heads and such, would make it quite undriveable. Devil has explained a lot, and has done a good job doing so, but you keep fighting, it really shows that your a little jealous ford fan boy. like Devil said, Vipers aren't something you see everyday, up until i went to Vegas i had never seen on in person, hell i see Mustangs everyday, they're not sumthin i look at for more than a flash of a second.

dyno graph of an SRT-10 versus a dyno graph of a SVT Cobra, believe me there are a lot of differences

i have not yet seen a dyno graph of either, but i read that the torque curve of the Viper is flat as the deck of an aircraft carrier. now imagine that 525 lb-ft of torque throughout most of the rpm range, thats impressive, the Mustangs engine is not impressive. 4.6 liter supercharged engine. wow. now, if Dodge/Chrysler made a DOHC Viper engine with the same supercharger and psi of the cobra, can you even imagine the power it would make?? it'd be nothing short of awesome. Wasn't the GTS-R's engine a DOHC v-10, and it made 700 hp and 705 lb-ft of torque, man that thing put shame the to Mclaren F1 for 20% of the price
Old 01-11-2003, 06:20 PM   #172
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
also take a look at the Viper's gear ratios, tranny/rear diff. It's also got better brakes, and quite a bit lighter, like 500 lbs.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:09 PM   #173
vortech
AF Enthusiast

blah blah blah

u sound like a guy who creams his drawers to Viper posters at night---trying to go tit for tat. Its still a 10 cylinder big block vs. a small block 8 cylinder with forced induction. Dodge chooses to go N/A---ford goes blower----its still horsepower----there are so many 'slow' people like you on this board----that think because an engine is blown----its unfair, or whatever. The problem is Dodge fans don't want to hear of anything when cars catch up. I could care less whether you agree-----The current cobra can make more power for about $46K less------and is as mean a machine as the Viper. But you viper guys will just keep flapping your mouth--because you finally feel proud that you can say Dodge with your head held up high. Just to reiterate--I never put the Viper down, just simply explained how the CURRENT cobra can make more power with its CURRENT drivetrain. But i'm sure know is where you'll start serenating the board with your girly The viper this, the Viper that . . . blah blah blah :silly2:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-11-2003, 07:19 PM   #174
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Vortec if you want to flame other cars go in the ford forum. What are you trying to prove that the new corbra is the best car in the world? Man get a life and wake up there are other cars out there much better that the cobra and the viper is one of them. If you want to make a price ratio comparison that is a different story. But stap flaming for cring out loud. Look even Devil suports the viper and obviously he's a Chevy guy. How come he can see the advantages of other cars and you cannot?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 01-11-2003, 07:24 PM   #175
vortech
AF Enthusiast

obviously

you don't read posts---------and you need to get a life because you follow me around the threads----like some love sick doofus. None of my posts ever bad mouthed the Viper's performance. Simply pointed out that it has been caught up too. Listen, I'll blow you a kiss---not please stop following me around the threads----I have agirl---and you're not gettin my number.

Stay away from me you nasty bastard. Now I'm flaming you---cause your pestering me like some blood hungry mosquito.

'Cause devil this, Devil that,-----stop kissing ass---be your own man.
:monkeypis Piss face.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-11-2003, 07:50 PM   #176
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Could it be that maybe I like to hang around the viper thread too?instead of stalking you. I just want to find some tread about some cars that you are not flaming and saying how much greater you car is cuz that all your posts are.

(\__/)
Old 01-11-2003, 07:57 PM   #177
vortech
AF Enthusiast

post it

put up a direct quote where I say: that my car is better. Let's see it. Go dig----and please post. I know you won't post it-----because it doesn't exist. I bet your next reply will be----"I got better things to do than look through your psots for that quote"

And thats because you are fabricator (in your terms--a liar). You want to make all kinds of accusations------but they are based on total BS. I've read your posts--------on a lot of threads------and you contribute more junk---and just such generalizations about things that aren't true----that they should open up a new thread just for you titled: "Come in here if you want to hear tech talk that I get in direct transmission from the probe in my asshole"

:bandit:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #178
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Ok lets see: you own a cobra and you say that cobras are the best cars compared even with a viper aparently.I say that qualifies as saying that your car is better.

Should i sumarise your posts too: Ok lets see-- The cobra has a forged enngine that can take very high psi numbers making it very fast. Also you can upgrade the suspension in the cobra to outhandle pretty much everything. Have you said anything else in those 100 posts of your NO the same thing over and over with the exception of flaming me and a few other people directly when asked to tone it down. That to me is NOT a forum member that really contributes anything since all your post can be sumarised into one.

(\__/)
Old 01-11-2003, 11:40 PM   #179
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Vortech, you prove with every post that you are ignorant and rude. How do you expect anyone to listen to you and give you respect when all you do is flame them for not driving a Mustang, you are a damn fanboy and you are blinded by your closed mindedness. We are not following you around; we frequent all these forums long before you have been coming here.

1. The Viper is an exotic, because like Devil said, it is fast, rare, not mass produced, and might I also mention that they are built by hand, not by a machine. I would say it qualifies as being an exotic.

2. Put a blower on a Viper and what happens to the Mustang? Also, might I add that is easy to get 750HP out of a Viper without using any forced induction, let’s see you do that with a Mustang.

3. The problem with you is not that you are insulting the Viper; it is that you are forcing your Mustang garbage down everyone’s throat. I call it garbage because you have reiterated the same thing over and over and over that it has just become regurgitated and annoying. All you EVER talk about is adding 15PSI and building the rear end. That is all you ever talk about. And when you talk about the Mustang you always take o such a defense that you flame anyone with a contrasting opinion. It doesn't matter what thread it is, it is you talking about how your Mustang can beat everything on the planet. Honestly, it has gotten old. And please, constructive criticism, I can't say that enough; I have only seen a few of your posts that weren't insulting in some way.

I understand that you have a formidable car, but it is not the best, the best for you, but not everyone else. Some people don't like my taste in cars, namely the LeBaron. I understand that and I don't care, but I will defend it against ignorance. I am just asking that you lighten up man.
Old 01-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #180
vortech
AF Enthusiast

again, you accuse me of saying things that I never said. Show me in one post---get me a direct quote---where I stated that a mustang cobra was better than a Viper. There isn't one post. All my posts stated was what could be done to a mustang to bring the handling and power up to the Vipers range. Is that stating that a Cobra is better???????????? I don't think it is. And you guys want to imply that and accuse of of your gayish flaming remarks. You guys are drawing conclusions from statements that were all about comparison. But as has been typical in the Viper forum-----other car owners can't point out how their car can be upgraded to match or exceed Viper's performance. You guys are the morons----because I've tested the shit on my car. I'm not talking about hypothetically. Its been done, I know what any Cobra is capable of-----but you Viper lovers----think your fricken car is a rocket ship or something. Thats aright though-----you guys talk about being behind monster power in a car---I actually sit behind it. I know plenty about the mustang and what can be done to it------because I apply the technology. You guys base your argument on on thing only! I'm calling you guys out for the stupidity that you exhibit back and forth---and you can't even defend your statements. YOu guys think that if Ford doesnt roll out a monster Cobra from Ford----that it can't have the handling and power that a Viper does. Dodge sends its Viper out the way it does-----because it has no choice-------no one connects performance and power with Dodge. lol An 03 can easily sit up top with a Viper. You guys sound so fuckin stupid most of time-------and I say this because you think no other manufacturer can build a suspension like one on the Viper LOL YOu guys don't know shit about what Fords aftermarket arms have developed---and thats why you can't fathom a cobra outperforming a Viper-----but we have the technology----and a few of us are willing to spend the extra money to get the extra performance. And lastly, we may have to dip into the aftermarket------but the aftermarket parts + the 03 cobra itself-----will still fall way short of the rediculous price that a Viper carries. The Viper isn't overpriced like a Lambo or Ferrari-------or Ashton Martin-----but it is overpriced. Shoot back with your retarded posts--------but if you looked intot he Ford aftermarket----you'd find that what I was saying is true. It just boils down to you guys not ever wanted to hear that the Viper has been caught up too. You guys sound so gay----because you don't know about the competitors technology. Ford will never put out a Cobra with a Vipers stock performance-------because it doesn't have to scrounge up a few extra dollars by jacking up the price. The mustang client base has been developed. Th evIper is a great car------but like I've said in every post-----the 03 comes with the foundation to meet or exceed Vipers performance ------ but u just have to dip into your pocket. And like I've said---------still falls way short of what u spend on a Viper. You should go out to California sometime------and let me tell you------the 03 Cobras are gawked at as much as the Vipers---------because too many they are better looking than a Viper-------and two others they arent'. I'm done arguing with retards who don't know shit about realife application. Thats the difference between us------I've applied the tech but you just fuckin read about it. WHICH IS A TYPICAL MAGAZINE RACER!!!!!!!!!!! See ya jerkoffs.

:finger:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster