Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 07:47 PM   #1
Robin W.
AF Newbie

Lightbulb I own a '93 Chevy Gladiator G-20 conversion van

Since it's a '93 there is a fair number of things I could use advice about, but today what draws me here is trying to raise this bed in the back into its bench seat configuration. Looking underneath, I can plainly see that it definitely does fold up into a bench seat, but after pulling the flat metal pieces on both sides (they have kind of a "hook" on the end) all the way forward, and then pushing them all the way back, I've concluded that that these puppies are for latching the seat once it's folded, and have nothing to do with getting it there. I moved on to the plastic-coated, handle-looking metal rods, again on both sides, that seem to be the bent ends of the bar that goes across the length of the bench, just under it, about a third of the way back. I pulled them forward while pushing in, up, and in AND up on the bench, and then pushed them back, doing the same. I've also pulled all of these things forward, and then tried pushing the back of the seat up from behind: the back of the seat moves, but then it seems like it catches on something. Does anybody have experience with this? Success?
Robin W. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Express | G Van