Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Ondarox
AF Newbie

"service stability", "traction active" message, no power

I have two problems and believe they may be connected but not sure how. From a standing stop my 2004 Yukon Denali XL will lose all power even with the gas pedal to the floor, at the same time it will display the message "traction active" and I will hear a noise at the front wheel. A few days ago the ABS light came on and the traction off light came on while displaying the message "service stability". I stopped by a local Chevy dealer and told the service desk folks the problems. They told me I was to replace the hub and bearing, but the loss of power and traction active message was unusual. Anyone know what the problem might be?
Ondarox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: "service stability", "traction active" message, no power

Welcome to AF. If the traction control thinks one of the wheels is spinning at a different speed than the other on acceleration it will activate the abs/tract. ctrl, sensors/hub bearing is one possibility here, what was the abs code? Make sure they guarantee their work will correct the issue.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #3
timetee
AF Newbie

I also have a Denali 2004 with the same Traction Active issue. What a mess. I have read plenty of forums and it IS COMMON. Not sure why the lazy boys at the GM dealers dont read the same Internet that I do. My experience was that 2 dealers were useless. Again, this is why GM is screwed up and should go into bankruptcy. How about a bulletin with such a common problem?

People say to change the speed sensors. I will do mine next week and hope it also fixes my problem.
timetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
snoopy0282
AF Newbie

i have the same problem, the T/C activates for no reason but i have NO warning lights coming on (other than the T/C active indicator on the DIC coming on for a few secs).
im guessing its a wheel sensor but with no codes how do i know which one ? the dlr says just wait till it get worse
snoopy0282 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon