Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Cheffo59
AF Newbie

water in passenger floor

I found water getting wet carpet at the passenger floor on my Dodge Grand Caravan 2001, any advice will be appreciated. I am in Texas and rain is not the cause I think must be something related to AC. Thanks.
Cheffo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Alphabravo
AF Regular

Re: water in passenger floor

If you haven't had any rain, you're right it is condensation from your air conditioner. The drain is probably clogged. There is a black tube that sticks out of the firewall on the passenger side. You may be able to reach it from the top, but your best bet is from the bottom. You can stick something flexible in there to unclog it. It probably sticks straight out, instead of pointing down. That was a design flaw and the Dodge dealer sells a piece of hose with a 90 degree bend you can stick on it so it points down.
Alphabravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Bill Grissom
AF Newbie

Re: water in passenger floor

My 96 Voyager 2.4L started fogging the windows and dripping a bit on the carpet after my son started using it in San Francisco, where it is much more humid. I figured must be the heater core, so pulled that out (pretty easy, it comes out by the driver's foot, just unbolt the steering shaft). Water poured out when I opened the cover, but clear, not radiator coolant. As suggested above, I found the drain on the firewall and stuck a wire up it. Water poured out, problem solved. I don't know if the drain was clogged, or it has a float valve that stuck (most have a way to keep engine fumes out). Had a similar issue in my 69 Dart and 82 Aries.
Bill Grissom is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager