Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pagani > Zonda
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #16
jonesn
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

I saw a picture of a silver C12 (not a C12s) racing on a track somewhere in Pennsylvania. But it could have been brought in from outside the US just for the race. I also know that the ex-president of Argentina has a C12s in carbon-fiber.
jonesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:53 AM   #17
ZondaFreak02
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ZondaFreak02
There are now offically THREE privately owned Zonda's in the United States... actor Paul Walker (from The Fast and THe Furious) owns own now, he bought it for himself after the movie Joy Ride was finished with production.

and the other 2 have already been mentioned...

-------------------------------------------------------
Friend: Any car with 200 horses can go 0-60 in like 4 seconds
Me: Ya well ...school buses have 200 horses
Friend: Oh, well i dont think they can go 0-60 in 4 seconds
Me: i dont think they can go 0-60 at all
ZondaFreak02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #18
Shaitan
AF Enthusiast

well, i don't live in the us so.. no sightings there.. but where i live, i saw a C12 S, it was at a motor show, and guess who was next to the beauty..Horacio Pagani. Some dude bought, a really rich local probably...
Old 05-21-2002, 02:03 PM   #19
ZondaFreak02
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ZondaFreak02
did you meet him

eat...sleep...race...TOYOTA

SAAB...worlds safest..worlds koolest
ZondaFreak02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:24 AM   #20
iownone
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to iownone
yeah i seen one

i see one everyday in my garage. i had it flown in from ny and they do not allow test drives. i drove it from my private airfield and leave it in my garage. I drove it out one night to a local illegal street racing meet that i am associated with and eveyone wanted to race me. i told them that i would only run it once, so, i had my own little tournament to see who i would get to run. a supra won so i agreed to race him. I destroyed him like a bitch. I took him from 1st to 4th and it was absolutely no competitioni topped it out at 170 ish and then i let up. It was just to show off. I agreed to run one last time for them and i gave him a 1/8 mile headstart and still destroyed him in the quarterby almost three sec.

everyone was amazed and i told them i would bring it out once a summer.....the time is comin up and they are beggin me to see it so i think i might no more runs for me though dont wanna mess up my beauty but i luv to listen to my beast

sry had to steal that one
iownone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:26 PM   #21
Shaitan
AF Enthusiast

i couldn't really talk to him, since he only speaks italian, but i did get his autographe...
Old 05-23-2002, 01:06 PM   #22
jonesn
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaitan
i couldn't really talk to him, since he only speaks italian, but i did get his autographe...
I have to learn Italian over the next couple of years because there's a good chance that I can do my finance internship with Modena Design, the parent company of Pagani Automobili. I'll work for free, so long as I get to work with Horacio.

He also speaks Spanish, being from Argentina, but I need to know Italian if I'm going to live there for a while.
jonesn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 01:13 PM   #23
Shaitan
AF Enthusiast

COOL!
Old 05-23-2002, 06:03 PM   #24
Adam
AF Enthusiast

Re: yeah i seen one

Quote:
Originally posted by iownone
i see one everyday in my garage. i had it flown in from ny and they do not allow test drives. i drove it from my private airfield and leave it in my garage. I drove it out one night to a local illegal street racing meet that i am associated with and eveyone wanted to race me. i told them that i would only run it once, so, i had my own little tournament to see who i would get to run. a supra won so i agreed to race him. I destroyed him like a bitch. I took him from 1st to 4th and it was absolutely no competitioni topped it out at 170 ish and then i let up. It was just to show off. I agreed to run one last time for them and i gave him a 1/8 mile headstart and still destroyed him in the quarterby almost three sec.

everyone was amazed and i told them i would bring it out once a summer.....the time is comin up and they are beggin me to see it so i think i might no more runs for me though dont wanna mess up my beauty but i luv to listen to my beast

sry had to steal that one

Everyone was amazed? So am I, just be careful when you pull it out of your driveway where you are living, they may be shocked to discover how rich you are. Man!
Old 06-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #25
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nsx1164
Zondas in US

there are 3 Zondas in the US, at least based on original sales from Pagani. There could be more at any given point, with car shows, etc.

Pagani is an Argentine; his native tongue is Spanish. He is fluent in Italian as well (not too hard for him -- Italian, Spanish, Portugese and to some extent French are structurally similar).

Horacio had a bad foot when we visited, so I didn't get to meet him. His personal assistant took real good care of us.

Interestingly enough, I shot some of the cars in their parking lot:
- a Mercedes SMART car (small)
- a black Mercedes 300CE (W124 E-class coupe)
- a dark blue (non-US color) Honda S2000
nsx1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 01:14 PM   #26
Adam
AF Enthusiast

S2000? now that's just too weird...
Old 07-13-2002, 08:18 AM   #27
nsx1164
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nsx1164
Zonda importer info

more trivia (from Lambo forums):

The Pagani Zonda made its North American debut at Le Belle Macchine d'Italia in 2000. It is owned by long time event supporter Benny Caiola.

NOTE: Benny is a noted FOA member whose stable includes several rare birds, including an F40, F50, F333 racecar, and several historic Ferraris.

The importer is former Lamborghini importer Joe Nastasi.
nsx1164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:23 AM   #28
eweston17

I saw a Zonda in Conneticut at the Ferrari Challenge at Lime Rock Park back in 2000. When I was walking the garage area I saw the car drive by me. Later in the day I had a chance to talk to the owner and take a few pictures of the car. I post them soon.

There were a lot of very nice cars there. Along with the Zonda I saw many 360 Modena's, Several F40's, an F50, an old 57 Testa Rossa, etc...

-Eric
eweston17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 01:14 AM   #29
canyoncat
AF Newbie

Talking OMG, I followed one tonight

I was cruising through Decker Canyon (Malibu Hills) tonight just before sunset and a yellow Zonda C12S came up behind me. I pulled my Miata over so he could pass and I could get a better look at the car. He pulled ahead without even trying and stayed at least 3 to 4 turns ahead of me. I finally caught him on Pacific Coast Highway (risking a ticket to chase him) so I could see what kind of car it was. I came home and hit the internet typing in "Zonda". Yep, that was exactly the car I saw. It looked like the driver was really only cruising, he certainly wasn't pushing it hard. I have to say, after visiting several Zonda sites, that yellow is NOT the best color for these. I imagine they look MUCH better in Silver or Blue. From the back it looks like a cheap "kit" car, but I sure wouldn't throw it out of my garage...*sigh* Must win lottery soon. I'm assuming this is the same yellow that was sighted around Thousand Oaks, since Decker and Topanga connect with TO.
canyoncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #30
BlaxicanYIIK
AF Regular

Man chances of owning this compared to the Nissan R390 and McLaren are pretty good.