Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
srogers1376
AF Newbie

Car Buying Opinions Wanted

Hello everyone, I am a senior in high school and am looking at what car to get as a graduation present and am wanting some advice on what to do. I can either get a new 2015 honda accord EXL coupe with the V6 engine, or a used more luxury car, such as a mercedes C350 coupe, Audi a5, or a BMW 328i coupe, all with around 30,000 miles (probably 2011-2012). A few things to note are that I do want a car that is fast and fun to drive, but I also want something reliable since I'm going to college and will be driving home around once a month or so (its about a 5 hour drive). Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!
srogers1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #2
Anthony Wessal
AF Newbie

Re: Car Buying Opinions Wanted

As you are a school going student and you will be using your car while going to college. I will suggest you to buy band used luxurious cars like Mercedes, BMW etc. Though its costly but it will be your one time investment and your repair and maintenance cost will also be less as compared with others. You can find used luxurious cars like Mercedes, BMW at Eurobahn BMW, MINI, Mercedes-Benz, Audi.
Anthony Wessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
TopherTW
AF Newbie

Re: Car Buying Opinions Wanted

I have to disagree on the 'luxery' models. Of all the cars my family has owned, the BMW my sister in law drives, the Audi my Dad drove and the Jaguar his G/F drove are all headaches. In and out of the shop constantly.The mechanic explained to us that these cars are so cutting edge now, that they tend to have glitches still even when released. Like a badly optimized video game.

I mean if you are trying to make a statement and have extra $$$ to throw away go for it. Doesn't sound like you are though...being you are considering Hondas, etc.

I say go tried and true and get a Honda, Acura, Nissan, Toyota....

Hell there are even some Hyundais (Genesis I think it is) that look downright sexy....not sure about quality on those and Kias etc though/

For the money you'll be happy you did. Some of them are even a little sexy looking if you get the bells and whistles.

Good luck! Just remember....stuck on the side of the road with a Beemer isn't nearly as cool as smooth sailing in a Honda.

Just sayin'.
TopherTW is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
advice , buying , car , choice
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A