Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > General Discussion
View Poll Results: Lambers or Ferries?
Lamb. 9 37.50%
Ferr. 15 62.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 06:21 AM   #61
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
i think a gemballa
i´ll have a look later.. must learn latin for the test on monday
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:20 PM   #62
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori
i think a gemballa
i´ll have a look later.. must learn latin for the test on monday
latin test! i dont envy you one bit!
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2002, 07:56 AM   #63
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
i think i did quite good 2day
but it was hard!
Old 12-13-2002, 03:54 PM   #64
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Quote:
Originally posted by crayzayjay

All supercars are compromising nowadays. A Murcielago is so much easier to drive than the first Diablos, there's a world of difference. In fact, Lambo has compromised a lot more than Ferrari, im confident in stating that

You should have expected somebody (me) to say something (to you)

The new 575M as quoted in Car and Driver takes no skills to drive. 0. It may be the most beautiful thing to emerge from Maranello (I have a thing for the 550 bodystyle), but it is expected that 80% or so of buyers will choose the "F1" option. It was said by the editors themselves that the car is fun, but anybody could drive it like Mike. They complained about how ferrari has done this to almost all models now, moving farther away from their heritage and the things that made them a FERRARI. Since the mid 90's they've been going way downhill in terms of heritage IMO.

I'd just like to see a hardcore Ferrari that is hard to drive, loud, no interior accomodations, disgustingly fast and has some soul. As far as I'm concerned, the F40 was the last true Ferrari. Just my rant, thanks for tuning in.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 03:40 AM   #65
Menu dei Motori
Click here

yea the f40 was the last real "ferrari"
the soul got lost but the heart beats stronger now
Old 01-07-2003, 04:42 PM   #66
-FROG-
AF Regular

The HONDA CIVIC OWNS ALL!!!!

.....O.K. on a serious note. It depends on what taste you have. Since I was 8, 20 years ago, I have dreamed about the Countach. I think the Countach set off the Exotic Car craze in the 80's. Ferrari does have more to offer and it depends on what you are looking for. To me, a Ferrari is a little more practical for driving than a Lamborghini. Lambo's have way too many blind spots and are not the most comfortable. Ferraris are a little more user friendly and can be easiely driven in traffic. The Lamborghini has just always been known as the "SUPERCAR" to general folks not too in depth with Exotics. Ferrari F40's were not as popular back in the 80's as the Countach was but still pretty close. I still HATE the front end of the F40 but it is an amazing car! The F50 made up for that, and then some! I think the Mercialago is a little too plain looking for me. The Roadster kept the same outragious look for Lamborghini though.
I'll take one of each sir!
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 11:46 AM   #67
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche

You should have expected somebody (me) to say something (to you)

The new 575M as quoted in Car and Driver takes no skills to drive. 0. It may be the most beautiful thing to emerge from Maranello (I have a thing for the 550 bodystyle), but it is expected that 80% or so of buyers will choose the "F1" option. It was said by the editors themselves that the car is fun, but anybody could drive it like Mike. They complained about how ferrari has done this to almost all models now, moving farther away from their heritage and the things that made them a FERRARI. Since the mid 90's they've been going way downhill in terms of heritage IMO.

I'd just like to see a hardcore Ferrari that is hard to drive, loud, no interior accomodations, disgustingly fast and has some soul. As far as I'm concerned, the F40 was the last true Ferrari. Just my rant, thanks for tuning in.
nice post. i hear what youre sayin'

its true, fezzas, and all supercars for that matter are becoming easier to drive. but theyre also getting better. e.g. 348 wasnt much of a car to drive, the 355 improved that dramatically, and the 360 is also better than the F355 in many ways. the 575 though, in standard form, is phenomenally inferior to the car it was supposed to be an update of, the 550, and i simply cant understand that. i was very unimpressed by that.... still, hardcore drivers cars are still out there, the 360 GT is on the way, and that will be a no-nonsense racer, as well as the new & improved Porsche GT3 coming out. an improvement on an already phenomenal car (the standard GT3) looks set to make the new GT3 one of the cars of the decade (in my view the original already is)... 360GT vs new GT3: the fezza is more hardcore but it looks set to be a helll of a showdown anyway
Old 01-12-2003, 11:48 AM   #68
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by -FROG-
The HONDA CIVIC OWNS ALL!!!!

.....O.K. on a serious note. It depends on what taste you have. Since I was 8, 20 years ago, I have dreamed about the Countach. I think the Countach set off the Exotic Car craze in the 80's. Ferrari does have more to offer and it depends on what you are looking for. To me, a Ferrari is a little more practical for driving than a Lamborghini. Lambo's have way too many blind spots and are not the most comfortable. Ferraris are a little more user friendly and can be easiely driven in traffic. The Lamborghini has just always been known as the "SUPERCAR" to general folks not too in depth with Exotics. Ferrari F40's were not as popular back in the 80's as the Countach was but still pretty close. I still HATE the front end of the F40 but it is an amazing car! The F50 made up for that, and then some! I think the Mercialago is a little too plain looking for me. The Roadster kept the same outragious look for Lamborghini though.
I'll take one of each sir!
i agree with Porsche, the F40 is the purest of all Ferrari's and the purest supercar. i cant agree with your opinion of the F50... for me it was simply too soft looking, too "pretty". F40 is tough and infinitely better looking for me. The Enzo is just plain ugly, not even in the game
Old 01-12-2003, 02:30 PM   #69
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

I don't have time to right a long explaining reason, but the Lamborghini is a much better car than Ferrari. Going by looks, the new Lamborghini's are nicer than any Ferraris. I won't get into engines, because, like I said, I don't have time to write a long reason. The poll is going to be close, but all oppinions aside, the Lamborghini is a better car.
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:40 AM   #70
crayzayjay
CFA

hmm.... very untrue judging from what we have seen in the last 20-30 years.. Lambos have been more spectacular and had awesome engines but too often have been pigs to drive. The Murcielago improved that aspect a lot, but there has never been a Lamborghini that comes close to the F40 in terms of poise and handling
Old 01-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #71
gemballa
AF Enthusiast

ferrari is more famous because they race in f1 and other things!
but lambo is a ferrari killer so ill always rather a lambo!
lambo is for the working man ferrari is for the people that inherits money!
Old 01-13-2003, 01:13 PM   #72
Menu dei Motori
Click here

a lambo is sth more extreme without compromises.
all lambos are like the f40 (but still a bit better )
Old 01-14-2003, 09:50 AM   #73
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally posted by Menu dei Motori
a lambo is sth more extreme without compromises.
all lambos are like the f40 (but still a bit better )
Sorry Menu, we'll have to disagree. There's not ONE Lamborghini that comes close to matching the F40 in driving excellence. Not ONE.
Old 01-14-2003, 02:56 PM   #74
Menu dei Motori
Click here

as i said the f40 is a bit better maybe a bit more
but i prefer the agressive styling and sth. special what i see on lambos and miss on ferraris (of course i´m also a big fan of ferrari but... )
Old 01-15-2003, 06:21 PM   #75
crayzayjay
CFA

ahh i thought you meant all lambos are a bit better than the F40... ok, now i see what you meant.

Youre right, Lambos generally have more drama about them but there are too many beautiful Ferraris that i simply love.... for example the F355 is one of the prettiest cars of all time whereas the Diablo is seen by many to look vulgar ... OK the Miura design was pure but overall i think Ferrari shapes are purer and more beautiful than your average Lamborghini. However, Lambos are more horny-looking