Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #1
dlkranig
AF Newbie

93 PA tps problems

working on a 93 PA, replaced the tps on 4-5-04, came back on 6-30-04, did it again, now it is back 11-11-04, not even 3,000 miles on this tps. voltage is good, wire loom looks good, what is taking out the tps? power spikes? heat from manifold? aftermarket tps no good? looking for anything to help out
dlkranig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
parkavenuechrome
AF Regular

Could be heat, Could just be a terrible aftermarket part. Who is the manufacturer? I would go GM on that part.
parkavenuechrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #3
Delta Dart
AF Newbie

Re: 93 PA tps problems

Assuming TPS is properly installed and adjusted to optimum voltage I would take a closer look at the wiring. Visually inspect all circuit wiring and connectors using good lighting. Look for backed out terminals at the PCM harness connector.

If the TPS is disconnected with the engine running code 22 should set indicating the PCM and wiring are OK however an intermittent problem could still be present.

Set up your volt meter as if you are going to adjust the TPS. Monitor voltage while moving related circuit wiring harness and connectors. If voltage changes you may have your hand on the problem.

If you are getting a code 21 be sure and check the circuit ground CKT 452.You really should check it anyway just to be thorough. I hope you have a wiring diagram.

Once you have ruled out installation, adjustment and wiring related issues, replace with a GM part.

I hope this helps.
Delta Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 07:14 AM   #4
dlkranig
AF Newbie

thanks for your inputs, replaced the aftermarket tps with an AC Delco, we'll see what happens this time
dlkranig is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Park Avenue