Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #16
booter_2004
AF Newbie

Re: heater

after fixing the electric egr transducer, the car runs better but still stalls under hard accelleration and every couple of minutes or so the car completely stalls, but usually starts back up, it died yesterday and wouldnt start back for like an hour, i got it to start by taking off the crankshaft position sensor, wiping it off and putting it back on, and it started, been having this problem since
booter_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #17
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Perhaps a new CPS? It still may be fuel delivery, like ya originally thought, I'll look through the manual tonite, see if it leads us anywhere.

One off-the-ball thought, disconnect your battery for around 5 minutes. perhaps [maybe] there is is an error code messing with ya. Clearing the comp., may reset the prob. If not, it only one cable off and on, so ya have nada to lose by trying.
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #18
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Perhaps a new CPS? It still may be fuel delivery, like ya originally thought, I'll look through the manual tonite, see if it leads us anywhere.

One off-the-ball thought, disconnect your battery for around 5 minutes. perhaps [maybe] there is is an error code messing with ya. Clearing the comp., may reset the prob. If not, it only one cable off and on, so ya have nada to lose by trying.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #19
booter_2004
AF Newbie

alright man, i owe you props from way before when you said "maybe it's the fuel pressure regulator"... well i investigated the regulator and found that the return line was dry as a bone and no gas was coming out of the regulator even when i unhook the return line and start it... so i yanked a fuel pressure regulator that (ironically) looked just like mine off of a late eighties isuzu rodeo or trooper or something in my grandpa's junkyard, the fittings of course were different, but the jacks on this regulator were just standard fuel line clamps and so i made it work... started the car and immediately noticed the smell was gone, also the idle was the same on rpms but much quieter outside the car, would it sound odd if i said the car 'sounded rich' like clinkery sound from the exhaust before i changed the regulator, because it is healthier sounding at idle, anyways, no more sputtering on full throttle the baby just goes. a little bit later while driving i noticed a little miss while accellerating from a stop, only in the most strainful times, like right before an automatic downshift under load... the car will miss a bit, i already know its either the plugs (which have been running VERY rich for a lil over a month now) or the wires, it doesnt miss at all until after driving for a while, so its easy diagnosis.

one more thing, i yanked that little box out of from under my dash with the little metal coil thingies thinking maybe it had something to do with my heater not working... well, after that my blower only works on high, how did i mess it up? how can i fix it? do i HAVE to replace the part?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #20
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Uh, do ya mean the relay itself???? Black box, about 1 1/2" square, 5 metal prongs? Or are ya talking about the ballast resistor, or what, I can't tell.

Re the running rich, the scavenged regulator you rigged in may not have the same flow rate as the OEM part, which would suggest the symptoms you describe.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:31 AM   #21
booter_2004
AF Newbie

alright... the fuel pressure regulator that shows up for my car (to buy) is 184 dollars, and mine was out, this same exact holley fuel pressure regulator shows up as a replacement for the isuzu junker too, im not worried about it being the wrong regulator because it has never ran this good... im sure its the wires\plugs, ive had this problem before, it is simply miss'n i will change the plugs, wires, and fuel filter... guys it really is a true junker so im SO happy to have it running good... i gave 100 dollars for this car, it had been sitting for about 3 years... bad muffler, the windshield wiper motor is out, air and heat both are broken, but you know what... the outside has one little dent over the passenger headlight on the hood... it had a window knocked out that i luckily got from a junkyard for 20 bucks, now the car goes down the road very well, rides very well, has good accelleration, and gets me where i need to go, also i fixed the muffler, so it doesnt at all seem like a 100 dollar car, im sure anyone would be amazed to find out i gave 100 bucks for it.

anyways, i am missing both blinker lenz on the front, i guess they are weak, both mine are gone, and my grandpa had a premier a few years back he had to replace one also.

the major problem with the car... BENDIX 10 ABS SYSTEM is a nightmare. of course my piston seal has gone out and caused my abs pump to be abnormally loud, so then the chrysler people tell me the recall has already been done to my car and they wont do it again for free.... so i called the hotlines available for this shit, they straightened it all out, called the chrysler place and TOLD them they WILL fix the brakes free of charge if it is the same safety recall... so i gotta have them check it out next week
Old 04-14-2006, 05:24 PM   #22
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Wish ya well, and hey $100, NOT BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought my '89 for $200 three years ago, it still doing very well for it's age.

Re the missing, if ya brave enough, look inside the cap and at the rotor for carbonization or buildup at the contact points, alnog with doing wires and plugs.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier