Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Comparison!!!

1990 Nissan 300zx 2+2 auto n/a
mods-stillen cat-back and jwt pop-charger
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 6-speed maunual
stock

i am comparing these 2 cars because a guy i know is talkin mad shit that his car will take mine. it has been raining here the past few days so he havent had a chance to run. also, i read somewhere the Tiburon is a low 16 second car, i dont know how true it is but it seems reasonable. i think it is a 2.7 liter. and then people claim my car runs a mid 15 stock. what do you guys think??? try not to be bias.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: Comparison!!!

i think those new tibbie's have around 170 hp and are around 3k lbs... if my sources are correct, you shouldn't have a problem taking this fool, i'd check with other people first tho.
i never did gain much respect for people with tiburon's.. most of the people i know that own em are teenage punks that had their parents buy the car for them, or they fit the term of 'ricer' and just do asthetics..
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 06:43 AM   #3
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

don't sweat it, i destroyed a tiburon gt. i thought they were going to be kind of fast, but nope. easy kill for me.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #4
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

I killed one on foot for Gods sake

You'll have absolutely no problem taking this fool.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 12:35 PM   #5
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

thanks guys. i will tell you how it goes. hopefully it will stop raining this weekend.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 09-16-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
jam4shi
AF Newbie

Hmmm,
Maybe he just bought his first import and he does'nt really know anything about them. Hey honestly I thought that I could be every car on the road right after I tried to beat normal cars.
Heres exactly what he's probably thinking.
1.) I have new horsepower
2.)My car is the fastest car on the road today (stock)
3.)Although his car has nearly 75 horses more I should still be able to beat him because I've got a tiburon
4.)I'm pretty sure that I can beat him because of the fact that my car is lighter (oh yeah because I've got a tiburon)
5.)Just because his car costs about 15,000 does'nt mean anything (becuase I have a tiburon)
6.)Well since I beat Lance's girlfriends Lancer I'm positive ill win (becuase I've got a tiburon)

Well JMK heres what you need to do. Tell the guy that there wont be any hard feelings after the murder of his precious little bone-stock tiburon. then after that allow him to see that after you beat him how fast your car is after you floor it instead of giving it less than a quarter of gas. Then tell him to stick to racing cars that he can beat. Like 240's with blown head gaskets, 89 preludes, civics, celicas on 20'' rims, hummers, escalades, you know people that would actually waste their time. Make a bet: loser fills up the gas of the winner because this will e a total was of time and gas.

Well you did tell us not to be bias but this definitley not a matter of biasm at all just plain facts.

Oh yeah and stop fooling around with those wanna-be imports in kankakee
jam4shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #7
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:32 PM   #8
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

lol....i swear i know this kid from somwhere but i just cant place my finger on it. oh yeah...i think i went to high school with you, jam4shi.

dude, you need to get on this forum a little more often and learn a little bit about what a real car is. lol. read up man....go to the stickys.

also, hows the 240 project coming along? sorry guys...i havent seen this kid for like a year.

BTW: dont get hot headed on here, you will get banned. i know how your temper flares. lol.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)