Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2001, 11:09 AM   #1
Haz Mat Guy
AF Newbie

Exclamation E30 mud flap installation

Hello everyone,

I recently received a set of front mud flaps for my 1991 325i as a gift. However, they didn't come with instructions and the dealership says that they don't have instructions dating back that far (on paper) but they would be happy to install them for $79 CDN + tax! I know I could do it myself but I would really appreciate the aid of some written instructions. If anyone could email me a copy or point me in the right direction it would be a big help (especially considering winter has arrived). Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jason
1991 325i
Haz Mat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:14 PM   #2
bmwworld
AF Regular

Here is a link to a post that may have some info for you > http://bimmer.roadfly.com/3series/me...w51/99440.html
bmwworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 11:15 PM   #3
Haz Mat Guy
AF Newbie

Thanks for the reply but it didn't really tell me as much as I need to know to install these properly. I'm not sure how the brackets even attach to the flaps. Anyway, thanks again.
Jason
Old 12-04-2001, 08:49 PM   #4
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
mudflaps on an e30??

why are puting a pair of mudflaps on your car? what part of Canada are you from?
i know in the winter the salt they put on the roads can wreak havoc on every part of your cars body, but mudflaps will add a certain hideous accent to your e30. But you probably know better than i do the affects of that kind of stuff on your car, so its your call, just wondering why you were putting them on.
3.5litermoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 12:21 PM   #5
Haz Mat Guy
AF Newbie

reason for flaps

I live in Canada's capital region...about 1 hour north of Ogdensburg N.Y. Even though the mud flaps might not look the greatest, I still live in a part of the country where they insist on salting the roads at the slightest hint of freezing rain let alone snow. Last winter I had slush and brown, salty snow caked onto the bottom of my rocker panals from the front all the way to the rear tire! Do you know of any sites that show pictures of E30's with and without flaps? Or better yet pictures of ones with mud flaps and 16 inch wheels (something I was considering)?
Old 12-05-2001, 04:00 PM   #6
3.5litermoose
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 3.5litermoose
well, all the mud flaps ive ever seen just bolt into the body panel, then into a point in the wheel well. I installed mudflaps on my dad's tahoe recently, but the holes were already drilled, as the tahoe came with mudflaps stock. im sure you would not want to drill holes in your body panel if you dont have to. I know a tahoe is alot different then a bimmer but i imagine that instalation would be very similar, unless your mudflaps have some sort of cliping system. 16's should fit alright with mudflaps.
3.5litermoose is offline   Reply With Quote