Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
RocketDesigns
AF Newbie

Acrylyd HS Urethane: HELP!

Ok, so I restore vintage Italian scooters, and am currently prepping a bike for paint. Several years ago, I had a color match done at my local Sherwin Williams Automotive paint shop. The system was Acrylyd HS 3.5 Urethane Single stage. I am using the remainder of the paint I had mixed several years ago, the problem is that I need to purchase the hardner (AH 390) for this Acrylyd system, but the paint line is no longer being produced.

I need to find out if anyone knows of an alternative hardner and reducer that I can use in this paint. Can I just use another single stage acrylic urethane hardner, along with a urethane reducer? Please help! Thanks in advance.

Guido
RocketDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
BoricuaPaintFan23
AF Newbie

Re: Acrylyd HS Urethane: HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDesigns View Post
Ok, so I restore vintage Italian scooters, and am currently prepping a bike for paint. Several years ago, I had a color match done at my local Sherwin Williams Automotive paint shop. The system was Acrylyd HS 3.5 Urethane Single stage. I am using the remainder of the paint I had mixed several years ago, the problem is that I need to purchase the hardner (AH 390) for this Acrylyd system, but the paint line is no longer being produced.

I need to find out if anyone knows of an alternative hardner and reducer that I can use in this paint. Can I just use another single stage acrylic urethane hardner, along with a urethane reducer? Please help! Thanks in advance.

Guido
Guido>Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I've busy watching the Lakers dominate the NBA. You can use a Sherwin-Williams universal hardener called RS9511 in place of the AH390. Any urethane grade reducer can be used with this product as well.

The cloth I use to wipe my gun with is harder than ya'll.
BoricuaPaintFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General