Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non-Performance This is the place for all interior, exterior, and general non-performance modifcations.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
linebackerhl3
AF Newbie

Need some help on starting 1994 mustang rebuild

Hi, i have a 1994 3.8l v6 mustang
Along time ago my parents separated an my dad left me the car and it has sat in the garage for 4 years now.
It has only been driving in 2 winters when i was younger. And so the body is in great condition.
Well first things first the car has a SEIZED ENGINE.
How much would it be if i brought a car to a shop and they installed a remand engine and tranny,basically everything expect exterior body stuff and interior stuff.
What would you do if you were in my situation.
PS the car is latterly not movable me and a couple of friends tried to rock it and it is frozen still. How would you get it to a shop thanks.
linebackerhl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Blue)(Fusion
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Blue)(Fusion Send a message via Yahoo to Blue)(Fusion
Re: Need some help on starting 1994 mustang rebuild

It will be expensive to tow it to a shop and get a new engine in there. You may be able to unseize the engine by pulling out the spark plugs and putting a capful of oil in each cylinder. Let it soak into the rings for a day or two. If it did start turning over, I wouldn't trust it for an extended time as I would be suspicious of the bearings.

P.S. when I'm not stuck here at college I live in North Royalton right on the Parma border. I'd be more than happy to come by and help if you ever needed it.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
- 119k / 14.89s @ 92.11MPH [ pictures | videos ]
> Dual Flowmaster Delta 40s / J-Mod / PI Intake Manifold & Cams / Marauder Air Box & 80mm MAF / 3.55 Trac-Lok
> Bumper Tuck / Steeda UD Pulleys / CVPI Zip Tube / Ported & Polished Plenum / BBK 70mm TB
> BOC 93 Octane Tune / Headlight Relay Upgrade / 17mm rear stabilizer bar / Heinous Aluminum Billet Rear Control Arms
> CVPI aluminum driveshaft

Blue)(Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote