Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which one of these full-size sedans is the best choice?
2005 Toyota Avalon Touring 4 26.67%
2005 Chrysler 300 Touring 4 26.67%
2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 02:29 AM   #16
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R
Actually the Subaru Legacy is more of an actual mid-sized sedan rather than barely, as well as the Mazda6 if you take a glance at the dementions. Even though they're roughly 10 inches smaller in length and width, thus being a full class smaller then the others you compared.

As for the Jaguar X-Type, I have heard of it being unreliable but I guess how unreliable, I don't know and with hearing from many owners hear about how problematic it is, it is probably not worth getting as a good all around sedan.

As for the Hyundai Azera, it isn't too surprising that you don't know about it. It made its first appearance at the New York Auto Show, and had some good coverage but obviously not as much as any of the concepts or a more luxurious plus extensive sedan such as the Acura RL. But that doesn't make it a bad sedan, actually far from it. To sum it all up it is slotted to replace the XG350 by Fall 05. It is a full-sized sedan that it meant to compete with a baseline luxury sedans such as the Lexus ES330 and Acura TL at the price of a entry level sedan, sort of like the Grand Prix. However unlike the Grand Prix the Azera will receive many things standard such as the 5 speed automatic with triptonic shifting, dual climate control and the 3.8l 265hp V6 with CVVT, so it shouldn't be underpowered, as well as other features. From what is reported the Azera should start out at $21-23k and in the late $20s fully loaded. Here is Hyundai's site on the Azera, as well as an article that covers it and if you are too lazy or can't find the specs here it is. So if you and your friend are still looking around for a sedan in Fall, give the Azera a try.
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:57 AM   #17
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: $30,000 Full-Size Sedan Comparo

What I meant is that the Legacy is small for a mid-size, and we're looking for full-sizes anyways. Thanks for the blurb about the Azera, I'll definitely keep it in mind. Her lease isn't up for another two months, so if she hasn't bought something before then, the Azera may be available.

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #18
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

How about a used Chrysler 300C?
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:27 AM   #19
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Negative. She doesn't not want a 300C because its priced higher than $30,000. She just doesn't want or need that much power. Why pay for a used 300C what you can for a new 300 Touring, and get better gas mileage to boot?

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #20
SuperHighOutput
AF Enthusiast

I'd go with the Maxima. I'm not fond of the Avalon's looks, and if the new Maxima performs like the previous models it's a winner in my book.
SuperHighOutput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #21
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

C&D liked the Avalon in a similar comparison to this, and I tend to agree with them.

PS. Happy 50th C&D

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:18 AM   #22
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
C&D liked the Avalon in a similar comparison to this, and I tend to agree with them.
Car and Driver and Edmunds, my two most trusted resources, both had a full-size sedan comparison recently, and the Avalon won both of them. So yeah, that's part of why I think I'll like it so much.

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #23
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom

I'd cut my balls off before driving a Toyota Avalon, unless I drove a taxi, since that's all Avalons get used for, I've only ever seen about 5 or 6 Avalons that weren't Taxis.

The new Maximas have cool engines, but they're also fugly and not that good to drive, also the Interior quality of the NZDM version (aka Teana) I drove was mediocre.

The 300C is the only way to go, certainly better than the unimaginative cloned crap that the Japanese makers are spewing out.

The Japanese big cars will be more reliable, but that's about all they have going for them.
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #24
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

I don't give a fuck what you think about the old Avalon, because the new ones are completely different. I already stated why she's not considering the 300C, so read the rest of the fucking thread. If you're basing your opinions off of NZDM cars, then you shouldn't have posted, because a quick check of my profile will reveal that I live in the USA, so don't use that excuse, either.

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #25
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom

What is honestly the difference between a USDM Maxima and a Teana? Nothing much, different body (US Maxima is just as fugly), slightly bigger, slightly heavier and probably an even cheaper interior.

The new Avalon still looks boring, it's just as dull as anyother Toyota, still simply a clone of every other car on the road, still nothing in the way of originality. I'll give you my impressions of the new one after my next trip to the airport, unless of course I get picked up by a Maxima.

At least the 300 (Or 300C or whatever you call it) is original and won't end up as either a taxi or company car.

I'm simply giving the Point of view of a car enthusiat, I'm not sure if your friend likes cars or not, but if she doesn't, then a Japper is perfect for her, as they were designed for people who see cars as an appliance, much like a fridge or a dishwasher.
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:45 AM   #26
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

The new Avalon is significantly better then the previous version. I didn't like the old one either, it was definitely the Japanese Buick; but the new one is very different. 280hp, 0-60 in 6 (C&D). If it weren't for the Toyota badge and the lowish cost, you would think it was a Lexus. It is probably the best FWD large car on the market (well, maybe the Acura TL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssom
I'm not sure if your friend likes cars or not, but if she doesn't, then a Japper is perfect for her, as they were designed for people who see cars as an appliance, much like a fridge or a dishwasher.
The 300 isn't a particularly interesting car either. If she wanted something fun in this price range, she would be looking at a 325i or a G35; rather she is looking for something more practical.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #27
TatII
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: $30,000 Full-Size Sedan Comparo

Quote:

I'm simply giving the Point of view of a car enthusiat, I'm not sure if your friend likes cars or not, but if she doesn't, then a Japper is perfect for her, as they were designed for people who see cars as an appliance, much like a fridge or a dishwasher.

its funny you said that because here in the states, its boring american cars that are used as fleet and government vehciles such as the boring ford crown victoria, chevy impala, and all the other ford crown vic clowns are used for taxi's.

in the states, the japanese cars such as nissan are considered very very sporty, and its the american cars that are considered mundane boring appliances such as the ford taurus, dodge intrepid, countless buicks, and chevy impalas, or monte carlos. all are utter boring crap that can't perform for anything, let alone handle.

also the chrysler 300 that they are comparing is not a the 300c which means it not a hemi powered v8. but a more mundane v6 with ugly rims and crappier interior compared to all the japanese cars mentioned in the list. if you thought the nissan had a crappy interior, then the chrysler 300 or most american cars ( including the viper and corvette) will you give a heart attack.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 AM   #28
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
What is honestly the difference between a USDM Maxima and a Teana? Nothing much, different body (US Maxima is just as fugly), slightly bigger, slightly heavier and probably an even cheaper interior.

The new Avalon still looks boring, it's just as dull as anyother Toyota, still simply a clone of every other car on the road, still nothing in the way of originality. I'll give you my impressions of the new one after my next trip to the airport, unless of course I get picked up by a Maxima.

At least the 300 (Or 300C or whatever you call it) is original and won't end up as either a taxi or company car.

Sorry, but it's a HELL of a lot different in the States. I doubt I will ever see a 2005 Avalon used as a taxi, and I live in Las Vegas, so I see a shitload of taxis. The car is basically a Lexus ES 330 with more passenger space, more power, better handling with the Touring model, and a lower cost. The 300, on the other hand, is used as a taxi all the time around here. The 300 looked fresh when it came out, but the styling has already gotten mundane, and the interior is not even in the same class as the two "Jappers". It's not as sporty, either. You'd think that with rear-wheel-drive, it'd outhandle the Avalon and the Maxima, but it doesn't even come close, and the acceleration is nearly a full second slower. The 300C solves the acceleration problem, but as I've said three times now, she's not considering a 300C, just a 300 Touring. Don't get me wrong, the 300 has its merits - the passenger space is superb, the suspension is very nicely damped, and the aggressive styling still has an impact on the common non-car enthusiast passerby - but it's the black sheep in this comparison, in my opinion.

Anyways, I don't know if you're racist, biased, or just ignorant about the "Jappers", but your opinion isn't very helpful. The Japanese sedans here are perceived as being sportier, more refined, and more aggressively styled than their American competition - hardly what I'd call "appliances".

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #29
fairladyz_gt-r
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fairladyz_gt-r Send a message via Yahoo to fairladyz_gt-r
Re: Re: $30,000 Full-Size Sedan Comparo

Quote:
I'd cut my balls off before driving a Toyota Avalon, unless I drove a taxi, since that's all Avalons get used for, I've only ever seen about 5 or 6 Avalons that weren't Taxis.

The new Maximas have cool engines, but they're also fugly and not that good to drive, also the Interior quality of the NZDM version (aka Teana) I drove was mediocre.

The 300C is the only way to go, certainly better than the unimaginative cloned crap that the Japanese makers are spewing out.

The Japanese big cars will be more reliable, but that's about all they have going for them.
emm that's not a NZDM car....is Asia oceania car....i been in Teana before, they interior is great, wood that u can tell is wood and seat that are soft and comfortable. not sure about the acc though, but from the previouse generation (I30 in the US) 3.0litre is more then enough if u want to eat E class off the line

fairladyz_gt-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #30
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Re: $30,000 Full-Size Sedan Comparo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
dodge intrepid
The Intrepid has been replaced by the rwd Charger.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons