Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #46
BeZerK2112
VG30DETT Goodness!

Re: DAMNIT!!!!!! dumb ass people!!

You should go through it with them.

99 Maxima - View the Project at CarDomain

BeZerK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #47
WaFFeL
AF Newbie

I'm excited to hear the outcome
WaFFeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #48
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to jason_bet

well i have got good news.. and bad news... the manager went up to look at my car.. and decided it was a total loss.. in otherwords.. salvaged.. but the good news is they made me there second offer.... 12,800... and then i would have to buy the car back.. for somewhere around 8 hundred bucks.. havnt set that price in yet.. but i have got to say.. that is a hell of a lot better then freakin 6,900 but now i am not sure what i am going to do.. they where telling me that they didnt think they where going to total it out.. they where thinking that they could get it fixed for less.. but.. i guess not.. so here we are.. should i turn them down and ask for more money? every one told them that the value of the car is around 15k.. even the dealers that i didnt know.. what do you guys think?? oh and its been almost a full month @ 30 bucks a day for a rental.. and i get to pocket all that cause i have a "rental" through work that i dont have to pay for but they are making me an invoice showing that i do.. haha so thats an extra 900 bucks... i dont know guys what do you think?
jason_bet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:24 AM   #49
AutostradaVR4
AF Enthusiast

do you plan on selling the car in the future? obviously, having a salvage title sucks...but if youre not going to sell the car it really doesnt matter.

12800 does seem low and trying to get more never hurts, but you'll have 12000 after buying it back to do whatever...fix and upgrade, or fix and buy a nice little used civic or something as a dailydriver.

for my , i would make 1 last effort for a little more money, but take what they give. fix it up really nice, maybe with a 99 conv., get a reliable daily driver, and look for either someone selling a parts car that you can basically claim the vin plate off of, making it so you dont have a salvage title.
I think thats what all the hot rod guys/restoration guys do, right?

if so, a '92 vr4 title would be sweet...but if you can get a GTO title...THAT would be badass. You would have a REAL GTO...though, if that would still be legal, i dont know...

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
AutostradaVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #50
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

No way to get a GTO title. Even if you did it wouldnt be legal. As being a converted 3000gt it is legal.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:55 AM   #51
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthee
No way to get a GTO title. Even if you did it wouldnt be legal. As being a converted 3000gt it is legal.
I know this has been disscused many times.. however you are wrong... I can bring a GTO here and get it registered no problem.. it would take me about 6 weeks to get the title and registration.. and it would cost about 4000 dollers.. i can also do it the slow way for about 1000 but it takes about 6 months.. It is rather easy out here in utah.. maybe its harder where you are from stealthee
Old 04-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #52
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49

if you like waiting forever, then you can hold out for more money. if it were me, 12,800 is a LOT more than the original offer of 6,900. in the words of Steve Miller: "take the money and run!"
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 AM   #53
Dreamspawn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Dreamspawn Send a message via MSN to Dreamspawn

Lets not go down the import and covert path i dont want to see turn into the skyline forums here. Well try for alittle more then buy it back and have FUN. 99 front end,big turbo setup and all. And would probably have some money to get a better. To me the thing would be you have the RHD 3kgt that we know of so would you really want to give it up??
Old 04-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #54
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linebckr49
if you like waiting forever, then you can hold out for more money. if it were me, 12,800 is a LOT more than the original offer of 6,900. in the words of Steve Miller: "take the money and run!"
I am kinda with you on that one.. they way i am thinking about it is.. all the time that it takes me to get what.. 2000 more.. i could take my 12,800 and turn it into 15 no problem.. you know.. i bet i could take 12,800 and turn it into 17,000 faster then i would get the insurance to pay me 15,000.. (a month)

And the 800 buy back.. is now 2400 bucks!! ahhh so thats a tuff choice.. haha i think i am going to get it back anyways.. just cause i have like every thing to fix it.. and i am in freakin love with my car.. I also went for the last little bit of money.. i told him that if he can get me a check today.. for 13,500 i will sign his paper and this crap will be over.. he told me he could probably do it.. he called his manager.. and his manager said no.. so.. yeah.. i know there is more money out there that they are not telling me about.. its getting to it and all the time and energy that would take..
Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 PM   #55
AutostradaVR4
AF Enthusiast

im surprized they still wanna total it...they must think it would take a lot of money to fix...

even for 2400, still definitely worth getting back IMO...all the time and money in it. And that fact you can fix it yourself easily is badass too. and youll STILL have money for a 99 conversion or w/e.

--VR-4-- --09 Lancer RALLIART-- --Me--
AutostradaVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:52 PM   #56
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_bet
I know this has been disscused many times.. however you are wrong... I can bring a GTO here and get it registered no problem.. it would take me about 6 weeks to get the title and registration.. and it would cost about 4000 dollers.. i can also do it the slow way for about 1000 but it takes about 6 months.. It is rather easy out here in utah.. maybe its harder where you are from stealthee
Its a Federal thing. Gatecrasher on 3si has done extensive research into it. Getting one here isnt much of an issue. Getting it legal will never happen.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #57
BeZerK2112
VG30DETT Goodness!

Any updates on this one.

99 Maxima - View the Project at CarDomain

BeZerK2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #58
jason_bet
AF Enthusiast

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=698662
That is the new thread haha I need to post more about what is going on!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth