Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > Cabrio/GVX/GV+
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 08:41 AM   #16
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I kinda like that one, but is it a 1:1.5 model of it or something? Looks like that would come up to my belt.

Most of them look oldish/cheapish, but given the target market and price range that's just fine. That silver car with the round front and square rest of the car is oogly though...

Edit: The silver car has rad rims though...deep dish baby!

Old 10-16-2003, 05:46 PM   #17
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

It's just a model (you'd have one hell of a time trying to get into it!)

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:20 PM   #18
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to badassgremlin Send a message via Yahoo to badassgremlin
what, ya mean you dont already have a helluva time getting ina full scale yugo?

Old 12-13-2003, 10:02 AM   #19
bobby28384
AF Enthusiast

I think they look creative. I'd rather get a Yugo than a Daewoo or Kia! I respect 2strokebloke a ton for liking Yugos and posting on these forums. Kudos! I really liked your website!

What IS Yugo's new name? Is it ZMW? Not to be confused with BMW?

Volkswagen. Drivers Wanted. Don't be a ricer. Get a Golf.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #20
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to badassgremlin Send a message via Yahoo to badassgremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby28384
I think they look creative. I'd rather get a Yugo than a Daewoo or Kia! I respect 2strokebloke a ton for liking Yugos and posting on these forums. Kudos! I really liked your website!

What IS Yugo's new name? Is it ZMW? Not to be confused with BMW?
ah hem..........why would you rather hop in one of those when the reason yugo took a dump was there cars always......well,......took a dump? bull poo poo

Old 12-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #21
2strokebloke

Re: Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

What the hell are you talking about? Zastava is still around, they only left the U.S. because Yugoslavia was in the middle of a civil war, and later Nato bombed the factories where the cars were built. That has nothing to do with the cars themselves, and it's unfortunate that they left.

"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:27 PM   #22
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
What the hell are you talking about? Zastava is still around, they only left the U.S. because Yugoslavia was in the middle of a civil war, and later Nato bombed the factories where the cars were built. That has nothing to do with the cars themselves, and it's unfortunate that they left.
i meant theyre departure from the us, i heard from many ppl that theyre main reason was poor reliability and sales the war jst added to their financial problems and the us wasnt a profitable market and so they dropped out.............thats what ive heard

Old 12-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #23
2strokebloke

Yugo wanted to stay in, but simply couldn't. Sales did fall to minimal level in '89 but had grown again in 90 and 91, so they didn't leave because of poor sales (and they had actually made many improvements to their cars for '90 so they weren't really planning on leaving)

Reliability and build quality are two different things, Yugos have scored well in used car guides for reliability - but like any other 3rd world car (or like an American car from the 70s) they weren't put together with the same fit and finnish of most other European or Japanese, but at $4000 they could afford to do this, whereas more expensive cars were looked at much more critically for this.

Old 01-17-2004, 02:44 PM   #24
Dizy_art
AF Newbie

!!! My First Post !!!

OK, this is my first post. I wasn't even going to register, but seeing so many posts about Yugo made me do it!
I grew up in the small village of Belgrade , and lived there for like, 14 years... (I'm 18 now). One thing I grew up with were Yugo's and JOKES ABOUT YUGO'S.. hehe...

To answer to your questions, zastava stopped producing Yugo's in 1990 because of the stupid war. They kinda switched to producing guns instead... waste of time. Yugo is actually a high quality car, considering the low cost of it and that they didn't change much over all the years they were producing it. People in europe still love it. You would be surprised how many Yugo & Zastava racing cups exist... It's actualy a lot of phun, because it's really easy and cheap to tune a Yugo. I admit, it's small, but I'm 1,96m tall and I'm having more trouble getting in a Golf II than in a Yugo.
I once saw a public display of Yugo's set to be shipped off to US, and all I can say is that you got the best Yugo's ever made... Belgrade is still packed with Yugo's and Zastava's made as early as old as 50 years ago... that's when they began their first independant mass production.
All things considering I like the car! Although it has a bad reputation even at it's home it has a very good cost/quality ratio.
Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
but like any other 3rd world car
Ok, we are pretty fucked up, but considering a war has passed and bombs flew over my head, I think we are hangin on pretty well, so Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro) surely doesen't qualify as a 3rd world country. But it does qualify for making lousy cars and having BAD LUCK...

As I said, I grew up watching Yugo's and since it's made in my country I never had a sense of it's value and popularity....
... so please do me a favor and tell me where would you put it if you were to evaluate all cars made at that time (80's). Please try to compare it with European cars, because I know very little of American.

... oh, man, I wrote a whole essay, I feel very sorry for the one who read it all. HF

FAMOUS YUGO JOKE:
Why does a Yugo have rear windshield heater?
So that when you push it, it keeps your hands warm
Old 01-17-2004, 04:53 PM   #25
2strokebloke

I like the Yugo. For the money it is one of the best 1980's small cars out there. But I can't really compare it to european cars, because I'm not too familiar with them, but I'd take a Yugo over VW Golf anyday (U.S. market Yugo anyway)

Last edited by 2strokebloke; 01-17-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:56 AM   #26
Kova
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Kova
This my first post to (I saw so many post for Yugo so I registered to post).

Guys guys...

I hate Yugo (Yugoslavia), Am from Croatia, you know (war in Yugoslavia, Serbia and so on ..)

But Im driving Yugo (I call it Yugoslavensko govno (Yugo shit)) from my friend. He has it from 1989. its still in good shape (not from outside )

That car is easy to drive, not so good if you want anything from car, but ... for joy and crazy driving its very good ...

This pics of new Yugo line .. hm, I saw new cars but they are called diferent from Z... (hm... I cant rember).

Here are pics of new yugo: http://www.inet.hr/~bpauric/hnovi.htm

On the top of this page is yugo thats on streets already. (yellow one).
Old 01-23-2004, 11:48 AM   #27
MR2-AW11
AF Enthusiast

Yugoslovensko govno ne Yugoslavensko lol. Veliko sranje ne auto..

What I'm saying is that the car is and always will be shitty.. they don't know wtf they are doing :/

I'm from Sarajevo by the way.

Those 'styles' are so shitty.. all stolen from other cars.. and put on a yugo look.. disgusting haha.. a box with slimey shit.

The chassis is not even changed on those things.. so its more like a body kit then a new thing...

However yeah lancia engine, fiat engine and renault turbo engine.. or any of these turbo.. it owns for sure.. but cmon.. LOL

Get a 1985 honda crx it weighs 700KG! Or get an old civic hatchback and work on engine.. its just not worth it and its so uncool heh.

The engines are stinking tractor engines Besides the other ancient fiat engines..

If I went back to former-yugoslavia (haha.. why did i even say that) i could make 'yugo' (shouldnt be called that really), an awesome car since I know lots about cars now.. kit cars and so on and so forth... but what they are making is just old shit in new packaging.. slightly saltier shit

But former-yugoslavia was not a 3rd world country.. it was quite influential, it managed to keep ties with both west and east.. and this car well it was a step in further development towards 'first world country' status... but of course no..

If things kept going war never happened, yugo would have been a kia/daewoo/hyundai basically.. and look sure hyundais STILL are poopy.. but hey THEY ARE getting better.. and yes they steal looks and styles off other cars real bad.. but hey they are getting better.. so gotta give credit..

On the other hand this new yugo is just.. well i lack the word in english "cetnicke seljacine sa sela" lol.. I see it as a nationalist statement of nationalist serbs lol.. not development of former-yugoslavia which no logner exists sadly).. but aaanyways *END HUGE RANT*
Old 02-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #28
leew347
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to leew347

coff them new yugos just absolutly rock im saving now coff
Old 04-29-2004, 09:15 PM   #29
FireBball972
AF Enthusiast

yep...they still look like shit and i'll bet they fall apart just as fast as the other ones

after about 150 miles :smoker2:

Badgers, goin to the Rose Bowl this year!!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #30
2strokebloke

Re: Re: New Yugos. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Weird then, that nearly twenty years later, I still see Yugos driving around.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Yugo > Cabrio/GVX/GV+