Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
03cavPA
AF Enthusiast

1995 Ford Contour GL

Needs tranny or tranny rebuild for somebody capable. The driver side halfshaft was replaced in July (I didn't do it) and it developed a leak in the output shaft seal. It ended up blowing the seal while he was driving down the highway and son ran it low on fluid. With full fluid it still runs and shifts, but the 2-3 upshift slides pretty badly. It stays in gear when it does shift, and it kicks down just fine. Overdrive works OK. Leaks tranny fluid with a nice trail of drips down the road.

Will cost more than we want to spend to put another tranny in it, and I'm not sure I want to put any more money in it. It IS a 15 year old car, after all. I trust the engine until the car falls apart, but we have to pay somebody else to swap tranny, so it's not worth it to me. A used tranny near here will be 250-300. The labor is the killer.

I know a lot of board members do this type of work on their cars much more than I do. Aside from tranny, the car is in very good running condition for its age. The engine does not use oil and revs happily under full throttle.

Not looking for a profit, just want to cut our losses. It's still a completely servicable DD for someone who wants to do the trans work. If I felt like messing with it, I'd toss a used trans in it and drive it a couple more years.

At this price, you're basically buying the tires and battery and the new parts and the car comes with them free. You'll have to come pick it up. I don't have the room or the inclination to keep it and part it out.

$450

DETAILS:

white w/ blue cloth interior

103k miles on odo

4 brand new tires and front brakes (pads and rotors) in July

brand new Die Hard battery in august

new rear struts and new timing belt/timing set/water pump less than 10k miles ago

no body rot

A/C clutch needs to be replaced, but the system is still sealed and it works
fine but rattles very badly. I put the shorter non A/C belt on it and drive it that way

power door locks stopped working, all power windows work fine

all wiring is intact and no probs

stock steel wheels with covers, NOT alloy rims

Sayre, PA
Northern Central PA on the NY/PA state line, 17 miles due east of Elmira, NY

PM me or reply to the thread with questions

08 HHR
95 JEEP CHEROKEE SPORT
03cavPA is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange