Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #46
JPUSA
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

The issue is bigger than that for me. I simply can't believe that Toyota is refusing to step up. I say we all post as much as possible and buy hyundai.
JPUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #47
KSimpson
AF Newbie

I just called Toyota Corporate and after explaining my issue with the dashboard, then asked for the VIN and then verified my contact information. I was assigned a case number and told that they would review what might be going on. I then asked if as a 2004 Sienna owner I would be getting contacted to see if I had a problem with the dash (as would all of you as 2004 Sienna owners) and after we all expalined that we had the EXACT SAME problem, they would then issue a recall. She said that yes, theoretically, that was the way it would work. I then promised her I would provide her phone number to this discussion. So here it is.
1-800-331-4331. It will only take a few minutes. Have your VIN ready and try not to get irritated when the "your warranty has expired" line rears its ugly head. I fiugre if enough of us make this call, then MAYBE Toyota will do something.
KSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #48
KSimpson
AF Newbie

Obviously I could not let this go just yet, so after further research I found out something else we can all do. Contact the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) and let them know you are concerned about the crack in the dashboard potentially preventing your airbags from deploying properly. Or maybe deploying prematurely. It very well may be a safety issue and they need to know that! They will need the same info as Toyota Corporate asked for. The number to call is 1-888-327-4236. You will give VIN, contact info, when you noticed problem, and miles on the vehicle. Then they will give you a case number. Toyota will be contacted and then they might look into a recall. This is what we would all like to see. Be a part of the solution. 2 phone calls. Not too much time. Maybe we can get Toyota to do the right thing! I am sure Toyota won't think "the more the merrier" as far as complaints, but that might be our saving grace!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #49
mikesol1
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

Im in Florida I have a crack that extends from one end to the other and so many little cracks. I have a 2004 V6 SLE solara low mileage
mikesol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:48 PM   #50
fred husserl
AF Newbie

Just add my name to the long list with big cracks on the Sienna '04 dash - went to dealer: "never" seen this before.......sorry out of warranty...we may can fix it....but replacing is costly....: same litany as noted by all above as I can tell. Looks like calling the NHSTB may be a good idea as noted by prev blogger
Anyone have an attorney friend that can do this "just b/c it's the right thing"?
fred husserl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #51
kannemartin
AF Newbie

Angry 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

I knew I wasn't the only one with this issue. My 2004 Sienna started showing hairline cracks about a year ago. They've grown into a virtual spider web across the dash, and many of them not near stress points.

I've also had no luck with Toyota. This despite the fact that the weather stripping on the right rear window has come loose and fallen into the window compartment and the passenger's side door handle housing cracked and fell apart within the space of a couple weeks.

My experience with Toyota has always been positive, but now I'm not so convinced of the quality. As for Toyota, they'll quotes prices but have not bent at all with regard to this issue.
kannemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #52
chintang
AF Newbie

I live in Tampa with 2005 Sienna LE Model with less than 60,000 miles. My dashboard is also cracking from one end to the other end. I spoke to the dealer in Toyota of Tampa Bay dealer where I bought the car. I was told that he has not heard any problem like this. Based on so many complaints, we need to file a class action against Toyota.

Last edited by chintang; 11-13-2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: misspelling
chintang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #53
KSimpson
AF Newbie

It has been a bit over a month since I posted the info to try to get a resolution to the cracking dash. I called Toyota to follow up and no surprise there. Nothing happening. I called NHTSA and was told that when there are enough complaints for the same problem, then the computer will flag the issue and things might happen. So, PLEASE go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA web-site) and be a part of the solution. The only info you will need that you won't have in your brain is your vehicle VIN. Once you get that, go to their site, click on "Report a vehicle or child seat defect" (this is located in the upper right area of the site with an orange arrow.) Then fill out the online form and hope that we get anough hits. If you do not like using online forms, you can also call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 and talk to a person. You will still need your VIN number.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #54
jkell
AF Newbie

I just called the NHTSA 1-888-327-4236. it was quick and easy! if all of you call this number and register a complaint saying you are worried about the airbag deployment not working properly, Toyota may be forced to recall! But everyone must call for us to have a chance.
Same story! I have a 2005 sienna and it started cracking around 40Kto 50K.This car has ALWAYS been garage kept and whenever it was in the sun, we ALWAYS used a heat reflective sun sheild! The dealer and Toyota corporate said sorry, your warranty is up. I know defective material was used for sure! No other explaination!
We now have 125K on this car but its paid for and still looks great except for the Dasboard! EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL 1-888-327-4236. They will ask you some simple q's then give you a conf# and email it to you and your done!

Its easy to complain on a forum but how many of you are willing to DO SOMETHING!

THANKS TO ALL WHO DO!
jkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #55
zambianhusker
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

Hey Everyone,

I called Toyota at (800) 331-4331. Unless you call and report the issue, it does not help. They need to hear from a significant number of customers before they act on the issue... They are not able to define what constitutes "significant" but lets just say that you must call the issue in and have it reported.

If you have this same issue:

CALL TOYOTA AND LOG A COMPLAINT: (800) 331-4331

Thanks!
zambianhusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #56
Brian R.
Resident Chemist

Send a message via Yahoo to Brian R.

Made a Sticky thread for the forseeable future.

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #57
jkell
AF Newbie

I just called Toyota and registered another complaint.
Everyone needs to do this now.

CALL TOYOTA AND LOG A COMPLAINT: (800) 331-4331
jkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #58
Domenic in Florida
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 Solara in Florida. Garage keep under 60,000 miles in 7 years. The dash is cracked on top and under the glove box door. Toyota offered 1/2 on parts and labor, my part over 800.00 -- I have a t100 4x4, tacoma and this my second solara. This is my first toyota to have crack dash. I am not paying for their bad materials. I did everything correct maintain and protect the vehicle. I will have change to another company. Almost 100,000 on my Acura and runs great.

How I got Toyota to make an offer, bought the car from same dealer, went to service manger and he took pictures of damage. Filed complient with Toyota at toll free number. Recieved 1/2 off offer.
Domenic in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #59
dspringer
AF Newbie

I have a 2004 Siena and an 2005 4Runner and both have the same cracks in the dash. Both are Florida vehicles but are low milage, garaged and pampered. Dealer has been nonresponsive. Will make the calls tomorrow for both of them.
dspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #60
mufflerbearing
AF Newbie

Hi all,
Looks like Im another Sienna owner with the dash cracking issue. Mine started about a year ago (2011). I now have 8-10 cracks spread all over the dash. I WILL call both the NHTSA and TOYOTA to loudly complain. Will let you know if anything significant comes of it. TOYOTA LISTEN UP--FIX THIS ISSUE OR LOSE CUSTOMERS.
mufflerbearing is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna