Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-7
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

RX-7 Owners' Off-Topic Thread

Well, I'm tired of the RX-7 forum being so "dead". I mean, I know our cars are rare and consequently our forum won't be as busy as all the other "dime-a-dozen" cars', but we need more traffic in here. So fellow rotary-owners/rotary-fans, I invite you all to grab a cold beer, pull up a chair, and hang out. This is the place to discuss anything that comes to your mind. Share what you did today? What cars did you blow the doors off of this time? Or when does your car get out of the shop? Hahah!

vintage-red RX-7 twin-turbo
RX-7 Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:14 PM   #2
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

Re: RX-7 Owners' Off-Topic Thread

Which of the following cosmetic-modifications should I do?

Rear Aero Diffuser:

Carbon-Fiber Aero-Headlights:

OEM '99-'02 spec front-fascia (with shaved plate-holder):

Old 08-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
L-Spec
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to L-Spec

Whoo! Thanks for the message, otherwise I probably wouldn't have looked into the RX-7 forums for another week, bahaha :P I agree, we should get more traffic going into this forum.

I think the diffuser would be the sweetest thing ever. I want a diffuser too, but I think they look a little weird on FCs. I also like the retractables on our rotary cars, so that would be something I'd keep and the shaved plate holder looks weird, haha, I'm just used to seeing it I guess, but it would probably just have to grow on me.

I've been really depressed lately, about relationships, travelling, school, and having my car sit in the garage since last month. Two days ago, I bought some car freshener and I hung them all over my car and then it made me really happy just being in that damn car... it really does a lot for me. I need to replace the clutch and exhaust systems, so if I can get them in before snow falls here, I'm going to plate the car until it does snow. If I can get my coilovers in too, I'm going to jack up the car and slap some winter tires on and head out with my motor club and do some ice rallying on the lake.

BTW, I like the zenki bumpers on the FDs a lot. I just have a soft spot for old school I guess..

1992 Ẽfini RX-7 FD3S
L-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

Yeah, I think that c.f. headlight-conversion looks nice from the front, but it would hurt me to gid rid of the pop-ups; I think pop-up headlights are so classic (it's a shame they're a thing of the past now), and my little cousins think it's so cool when I make them go up and down.... plus pop-ups have been an RX-7 tradition from 1979 to 2002!

Sorry to hear you're depressed, bro. Why are you stressing over relationships, traveling, and school? I wish I was back in school, and I haven't done any good traveling in a long time, and I still haven't found the girl of my dreams... still, I am confident everything will work out. We're planning a ski-trip to SnowShoe Mt. this winter, and already have plans for a surf-trip in Costa-Rica afterwards (maybe the same winter), maybe I'll meet "Ms. Right" on the slopes/waves , and I aim to attend Wyotech/UTI next year (hopefully).

Ooh, "ice-rallying" sounds fun! You will definately have to get some pics or preferably vids of that on here when the time comes.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
L-Spec
AF Enthusiast

Relationships.. I've just found out some stuff about this girl I've been seeing for the passed three years. The reason we haven't really officially dated yet, was because I didn't want to commit to someone who I thought wouldn't want to commit. Seeing someone is a lot easier in my opinion than actually dating someone, so I think that's why we were so close for so long. I just heard stuff.. rumours.. about her and I semi believe it. I just don't know how to interpret the situation.. I feel like I've been lied to, but also I feel like I've dodged a bullet at the same time.

I just got out of highschool, but I'm still undecided on what I want to do, but law and business admin both require me to move out of my city, since the University here doesn't support these programs. Sure I'll be in the same province, but I'll be in a larger city that I barely know and it's quite a ways from my home city. I don't want to move, I like it here, but I know that if I want a future, I'm going to have to do it sooner or later. Until next fall comes around, I plan to travel. I'm going to Edmonton for a wedding this coming weekend and then I'm heading to Calgary to visit the Rotary Specialties shop there and discuss my future plans for my car and how much of it they can assist with. There is also going to be a Japanese lady coming to the wedding and she's inviting to go stay with her for a while. She's coming to Canada for the wedding and to also find a home to live in. She wants to move here and when she goes back, I can go to Japan with her for a couple months until she's ready to move to Canada. I think that would be a really sweet deal. At the same time though, it's putting a lot of stress on me and my wallet.. I'm still only 17.

My soon to be step cousin (is there such a thing lol) is a mechanic and owns a shop in Virginia. He owns quite a few cars and they're done up really nicely. He said he'd search for an FD for me, he says that they're fairly cheap around Virginia since most people look at rotary engines as the end of the world and avoid it like a plague lol. Good for the enthusiasts, I guess!

How's the waiting list for automotive schools in the states? I wish I could go skiing.. funny, since I live in Canada haha. Too busy for fun lately.

1992 Ẽfini RX-7 FD3S
Old 08-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #6
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

I can tell just by your topics of study (Law and Business Administration) that you will be financially successful in life. As far as having to move to an unfamiliar place, you should look at that as exciting and adventurous.

Ironically, I purchased my 3rd-gen. from Virginia. We drove all the way from KY to pick it up (the drive back was hella fun! ). I dunno much about the RX-7 market there, but I didn't exactly get mine cheap. I got a fair deal on mine; I neither overpayed nor did a get a bargain. I am happy with the purchase though and I won't loose money if I ever want to sell the car (yeah right, like I'd ever get rid of it! ).

As far as the waiting-list for automotive-schools in the U.S. goes, I have no idea. I haven't even gotten around to doing any research about that stuff yet. I wish I had decided to go to college right after graduating high-school, instead off waiting. I don't even know what I want to do/study. Right now I'm just working on my art-career, trying to be self-employed, and having fun.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:46 AM   #7
L-Spec
AF Enthusiast

Art is cool.. as in fine arts? Where is everyone? A lot of the rotary guys I know don't visit forums often because they're really technical and spend a lot of their time with their car. Everything here is basically a slowed down instant messaging conversation, haha. I guess it's kinda late though.. I'm watching Dave Chappelle haha.

Oh yeah, I sold my Mitsubishi Eclipse last week.. I just didn't know how to break it to the guys in the DSM forums lol.

1992 Ẽfini RX-7 FD3S
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 AM   #8
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Spec
Art is cool.. as in fine arts?
Yeah. Here's a few pics of some of my artworks:

"Angels' Chorus"

36" x 24" acrylic on canvas

"Realm"

36" x 48" oil on canvas

"Ho'okipa Gold"

36" x 48" mixed-media on canvas

"Adrenaline"

48" x 36" oil on canvas

"Sweet Radiant Light"

30" x 24" oil on canvas

"Seven Seas"

20" x 64" (20"x16" x 4) acrylic on canvas

Old 08-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

I'd say go with the rear diffuser first. Cheaper an the HD conversion is a pain. It looks really cool but alot of work for the HD's (they're C-west btw).

Ask for me I just ordered a downpipe & midpipe and I have to order an Ecu (Pettit unlimited I think) I got the cheap Ebay Dp an mid for now because in another 3-4 months I'm going single so i'll have to sell my TT parts which all will have low milage an are good quality. (You guys will have first dib's with very very cheap pricing)
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

As far as cosmetic goes for my car ~

Volk Racing white TE37's ~ 18inch all around wrapped in some nice khumos an the width will be different. 10.5 Rear an 8.5 in the front. A.F uses them so why shouldn't I?

As far a real exterior mod the feed spoiler is too much right now so pettit Type I wing.

And the Racing beat lip ~
" ~ Igor
Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

Hey, jcsaleen. Glad you could join us.

What's so hard about the headlight-conversion? It's just a matter of removing the OEM headlights and motors, assembling the new units (c.f. upper housing, lower housing, bulbs and components, cover), connecting the wires, and installing everything.

I'd stay wingless if I were you. Anyway, isn't that wing a replica of the first Mazdaspeed design that was recalled? Also, if you're gonna get a lip-spoiler you should check out the OEM '99-'02 spec lip; it looks better than RacingBeat's and it is more aerodynamicly efficient:

BTW, recognize that photo?

Old 08-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #12
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Of course thats goodfellas FD from rotorfest. Imo ~ I don't like the 99 I've seen it on montego before because my friend has it.

" ~ Igor
Old 08-16-2006, 03:47 PM   #13
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Personally IMO ~ I want the lip you have an I know someone who wants the racing beat an has the 93 spec R1 lip.
" ~ Igor
Old 08-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
drftk1d
boost in, apex seals out

Send a message via AIM to drftk1d

I'm getting a TII this week.

I find it interesting how the guys that frequent this forum nowadays are FD owners.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
RX-7 Steve
AF Regular

^Sweet! Make sure you post up some pics of your new TurboII. What color is it? Any mods?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > RX-7