Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange Sell your car and parts or post what you are looking for.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
rh3017
AF Newbie

Complete Audi TT 225hp Engine

The motor is out of an 01 Quattro TT with 34k miles. The car ran flawlessly before the accident and is in very nice shape! I want to sell the entire motor together...so please do not ask for little parts and pieces off of it.

Here are the specs:

The higher-output 165-kW (225-hp) engine uses a high compression ratio (8.9:1) for a turbocharged unit. The 1.8-L engine was extensively modified to attain the higher output reliably. The pistons, connecting rods, and big-end bearings were uprated to accommodate the higher combustion pressures. The intake manifold, turbocharger, and exhaust manifold are new.

A Type K04 turbocharger forces air into the combustion chamber via two charge-air intercoolers. Compared to the less powerful 132-kW unit, a modified airflow path, together with a larger air cleaner, ensures that the air reaching the engine has a temperature only about 30¡C higher than ambient. This 80% charge-air intercooler efficiency keeps the engine supplied with an optimum flow of oxygen-rich air. Maximum boost pressure at the intake manifold can reach 200 kPa (29 lb/in2).

The engine's torque curve is impressive, with 280 N•m (207 lb•ft) available from 2200 to 5500 rpm. With it, the TT can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mi/h) in 6.4 s and has a top speed in the region of 243 km/h (150 mi/h). Flexibility is also impressive, needing only 11.2 s to accelerate from 60 to 120 km/h (37 to 75 mi/h) in fifth gear.

My understanding is that this motor can be fitted into front wheel drive Volkswagen's using the VW factory mounts and subframe. It is a transverse motor with haldex quattro...so all you would need is an 02A/02J transmission from any MK3/MK4 Jetta, Golf, Passat VR6 or 1.8T. This is the 1,8T to have...it already has the K04, forged pistons and rods, and lower compression. The motor is complete with all properly working accessories, UN-CUT wiring harness, and ECU. The transmission in the pictures is also for sale, but will not work in a FWD application. Asking $3700 obo...and i am willing to ship it at your cost of course I can take more pictures and specific pics if needed. E-mail me with any questions Rh3017@aol.com Thanks!

rh3017 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars/Parts for Sale/Exchange