Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 09:17 PM   #1
Judekc
AF Newbie

2019 Ecosport Sudden shut down low oil pressure But only thermostat codes and turbo? What

Hello. I am Brand New. I have a 2019 Ecosport that has 60k miles. It had been a great little car. On a trip to Oregon after 6 hours driving it suddenly alerted trouble. First engine light then danger light. Low oil pressure. And power decreased a lot. I thought maybe head gasket by its behavior. But. No smoke and when l got to Gas station No other Head gasket symptoms at all.so l Towed it home and coded it. It coded only 2 codes. Thermostat and Odd Turbo shut down code. Which when l read about it. Still means Several different possibilities. So. On reading l learn this car sometimes fails a Thermostat and blocks open and tells the engine it's too cold and does this exact thing ! But. Why low oil pressure? Why shut down? Why all this for a Thermostat? I'm confused.

Last edited by shorod; 07-22-2022 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Removed a typo that ended up profanity and sent the message to moderation.
Judekc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:49 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 2019 Ecosport Sudden shut down low oil pressure But only thermostat codes and turbo? What

I guess I haven't been keeping up with the new car scene well enough to know what make an Ecosport is. Please provide a bit more detail such as the make and which engine it has if there were more than one engine available. Also, please share the 2 diagnostic codes you read out as they may also help point to an issue someone here as seen before.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
#ecosport
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > General Discussion