Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 AM   #1
zhoff96z28
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to zhoff96z28
05-07 Mustang GT vs LS1 Camaro

I was wondering if I could get some other views on the Camaro Mustang rivalry. I am looking to buy a new car and was wondering if I could get some opinions on which one is better. The main thing I would like to know is which one has the better performance and which one responds better to mods but I would still like to know which is better in other catagories as well.

Thanks,
- Zhoff

1985 Corvette - Stock excpet for no mufflers......For Sale 113k miles PM me

1996 Firebird - 6 cylinder, Cat cut out, and Ram air........For Sale 100k miles PM me
zhoff96z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
BavarianDDR17
AF Newbie

Re: 05-07 Mustang GT vs LS1 Camaro

I drive an '00 Trans Am and do not like Mustangs so I'm a little biased but...
The advertised 0-60 time of the LS1 for Camaro and Firebird is 5.2 while it is 5.1 for the Mustang. The Camaro has a 6 speed manual while GT's still just come with a 5 speed manual. I'm baffled as to why Ford as not changed that but because of this the Camaro will get better highway mileage than the Ford. There are more mods for the LS1, in part because it is a bit older than the new Mustang GT and in part because there were so many GM cars that used the LS1: Camaro Z28 and SS, Firebird Formula and Trans Am, Corvette, GTO, Cadillac CTS-v... so there are many many mods out there and people easily get 400 hp out of the LS1. And on top of all this, people actually look at the high end Camaros and Firebirds. There's too many Mustangs running around these days. And it's nice to tell your admirers that you have a 5.7L V8 under the hood instead of a 4.6. There's my two cents.
BavarianDDR17 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A