Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
cdc35b
AF Newbie

dead remote control and starting a 1999 passat

i parked my 1999 passat and locked it using the remote control. two minutes later, i came back to open it but the remote was not working at all - dead. i opened the car with the key, but now i cannot get it to start (nothing happens when i turn the key), so i'm wondering if the "anti-theft" mechanism is still on as i did not open the car nor turn the alarm off with the remote. its a holiday now so i cannot get service from volkswagen and cannot go to a dealer to get my remote fixed, so i thought i'd ask and see if anyone has any idea about what might i be able to do to start the car... (i'm sure the problem is not the battery as the lights and radio work fine). it's kind of a desperate situation, so i'd appreciate any suggestions!
cdc35b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
Sammsui
AF Newbie

Exclamation

I am experiencing a similar problem where as I parked my car and when I got out and tried to activate the alarm via the remote, there was no response. I immediately got back into the driver's seat, and what do you know, the car will not turn over, the interior lights and door buzzer are no longer function, and the keyless remote is not operational. I am concerned that this is also due to a malfunctioning anti-theft system. Please let me know if you have found a solution to this issue.

sammsui@aol.com
1999 Passat v6 Automatic
Sammsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Sammsui
AF Newbie

Re: dead remote control and starting a 1999 passat

Just found the source of my problems. Checked fuse box and and fuse # 14 was blown. This is the fuse that controls comfort module and anti-theft system. When I replaced the fuse, it blew immediatley. I found a short in the map light and fixed that. Now fuse dosen't blow and car starts right up. Everything is functioning properly.

cdc35b - You might want to check to make sure that your fuse # 14 is not blown and if it is then try replacing it. Otherwise, if the fuse is intact, then I would pull it and see if that would reset the alarm. Hope this helps. -Sammsui
Sammsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 PM   #4
webfeind2000
AF Newbie

Re: dead remote control and starting a 1999 passat

I know this thread has been dead for a while, however there was never a solution to this issue.

The issue is the CCM - Comfort Control Module that is under the driver seat. It can get wet and short out, or the wiring that runs along the drivers door near the floor can short out. My car did the same and after identifying the issue I banged on the floor near the CCM wiring while pressing the door lock button until it worked so I could at lest get the car home.

However you should remove the seat and pull up the carpet to find the short or replace the CCM is it's under a lot of water. You should be able to find a tutorial on the process now that you know what the issue is.

Good Luck.
webfeind2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat