Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #16
pmarhi
AF Newbie

Re: ABS control module problems

Had the same problem with my 2000 Passat. The only way to fix this is to repair/replace your ABS module. I brought my Passat into the dealer and was told I needed a new ABS module. Cost: $890. I found a company not far from me that that will rebuild your ABS module for $139 and guarantee it for as long as you own the car: BAA Reman, Taunton MA http://www.bba-reman.com/us/index.aspx. They also will sell you a rebuilt module for $199, but you must have the module re-coded, and my local dealer would not do that for me (nice guys, huh?). And you must send them your original module. If you have your own rebuilt and re-installed, no re-coding is necessary. So I had my local mechanic remove the module (you can still drive the car), and drove down to Taunton, MA where they are located. They were kind enough to do the rebuild on the spot (only takes about 45 mins.). Had lunch nearby and came back in 45 mins and took it home with me, had it re-installed by my local mechanic and problem solved! No more beeping, no more flashing lights. Total cost to me: $214 ($139 + $75 to remove and re-install). Highly recommend BAA Man. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Even have removal instructions on their website.
pmarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #17
coolworld
AF Newbie

so you should go to that company. they will repair your car in a reasonable price.dealers always cheat people.
coolworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
SC2ner
AF Regular

You do not replace the pump itself. You are only replacing the control module. You can buy them rebuilt or contact a dealer for a "repair kit".... they call it a repair kit so it's cheaper. Really it's just rebuilt. It's fairly priced.

Be warned..... you MUST get the superceeding part. For example if your part number is a 4B0-614-517-G it has to be replaced with the corresponding 4B0-998-375.... these are not toys they are your brakes. Get it right.
SC2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #19
SC2ner
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolworld View Post
dealers always cheat people.
You're a dumb ass....

Some dealers try to cheat people. Not all of us our bad. My company gives away free shit all the time. Vw dealers are not even known for trying to fuck people over. We tend to be cheaper because the shops out there have no idea what they are doing. Next time you are doing a repair... ask a shop what needs to be replaced and how much... then ask a dealer.

Sears quoted a customer 400 to replace spark plugs on a ATQ 2.8 motor. We charged 150.... so please explain?

If you feel as though a dealer is giving you an unfair price. Contact me and I will give you the right price. Then you will know if they are cheats. Shops buy our parts for cheap... then bump the price tremendously and sell them normal with a higher labor rate. Though the customer has no idea because they tend to believe that dealers always cost more.

Dealer parts are more expensive because they are genuine. They don't guess whether its right or hope it works for all models of passats. The likelihood of your passat being like your neighbors even though they are same year and everything is less then 1:20... Keep that in mind. I am sure most of the idiots who would tell you to buy aftermarket would also not be aware of the fact that there are over 15 different ABS modules for the same year. VW's are high in technology. They are always trying to evolve things. Next time you replace a part... check and see if it's different from the one in the car. They are constantly trying to make things better and better. For example the coils in a 1.8t.... they went from L to something... to R at the end of the number. That is a way to tell if it's updated to something better... or newer.

Maybe you should learn the truth before saying things like that and generalizing. Some are bad... not all of us are.
SC2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
norcal707
AF Newbie

hi guys, I had the some problem with my abs module and the same price to fix it. I spend hours at the junk yards looking for one. however I found a website that they rebuilt it for $100 plus free normal shipping with warranty. they will even tell you how to take it off. www.autoecu.com. hope they will help you as much as they did to me. screw the dealer.
norcal707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:27 AM   #21
antiekeradio
AF Newbie

see my reply in the following thread for more info on DIY repair.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t577...ment_cost.html

(i see it has been put in moderation queue)
antiekeradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
ValyRev
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: ABS control module problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinzay View Post
I nearly had a stroke today at the VW dealership in Arkansas, I'm having an abs module problem as well, on my '99 Passat, and was quoted $2200.00 for the module, not including labor to fix it. I'll take it a bit farther though, mine flashes the abs light, brake light, oil light, and my tachometer stops working, as well as sounding an alarm horn. All of this happens simulatneously. Mine doesn't do it consistantly though, I'll be driving down the road and it just all of a sudden goes crazy, then a while later, everything will start working again. Has anybody found a fix for it? I do light mechanical work, and figured I could replace the abs module if I had too, but I'm hesitant to put another one in, if it's doomed for failure also. Thanks
My Audi 2002 A4 is having similar problems, oil level sensor on, alarm wont beep when I lock it and the ABS brake light turns on. Does all that have to to with the ABS control module? Help please! My mechanic thinks I need to buy a new one but will this fix the other problems too?
ValyRev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat