Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
2001DakotaGuy
AF Newbie

Headlights Flickering? Dome light flickering? It's the CTM

Gentlemen! Are your headlights and dome light flickering? Are your intermittent wipers and keyless entry malfunctioning? Well I've got your solution, it's the CTM (Central Timing Module). This little box controls all of that noise and more and it's SUPER easy to install yourself, even if you're a complete idiot like myself. I just got done switching mine out, took me 2 minutes tops. You'll need a phillips screwdriver and THAT'S IT!

I went to a local junkyard here and paid $11.60 after tax on this part and now everything in my truck is working just like it should! Do NOT pay 200 for a new one, do NOT take your truck to a shop and have them quote you some ridiculous number to fix this issue! DO IT YOURSELF AND SAVE SOME BUCKS!

What's funny is that I pulled the CTM I'm currently using out of a Dodge Caravan I think it was, it's hard to tell because the thing was literally in pieces all over the place. Unsure of even the year of the thing! But I tell you what, I took a picture of mine and went around comparing the two and BAM, got one that fit PERFECTLY from a minivan, how about that noise?

Some folks will tell you that you can clean your CTM and this may work for you if you've got any kind of corrosion on your unit, mine didn't have a bit of corrosion so that didn't work for me. Worth a shot to take those two little clips out and look at your circuitboard and see if you see anything green on it. Clean that sucker off and plug it back in before you do anything. You don't need to disconnect your battery for this install either, just be careful in the event you have visible copper/defects on your wiring harness or the like, don't electrocute yourself!

So a ride down the road, $11.60 and a little elbow grease and I'm back in business. I suggest you do the same. Oh yeah, these things tend to go out when it's hot hot HOT outside and guess what. It's been 105 here all week. Makes sense don't it? Take care all

2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9 liter 5 speed
2001DakotaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
dakota , dodge , flicker , headlight
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota