Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
stjamesa
AF Newbie

auto turbo kit

im a idiot i know but i don't know how to drive a stick and i want to turbo charge my automatic any kits to suggest is it even possible i'm looking to get about 310hp
stjamesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85
https://www.tctunerz.com/index.php?c...cc3307ab7eb575

not alota turbo kits out yet

http://www.racingsolution.com/showpa...on=DisplayPart

be advised however. if your wanting to push over 300hp your gona have to work on engine internals ie lower compression pistons to accomodate the turbo, forged rods, larger fuel injectors,billet crank, its not just a matter of bolting on stuff it takes alot of preperation, time, patience and CASH!!!!!!!!!!! good luck.

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
silentscreams85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #3
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: auto turbo kit

if you're looking for a turbo kit with 310whp, you're not really going to have to worry about the fuel injectors or lowering the compression. the only thing you are really going to have to worry about is your transmission. the automatic transmission in the tC can handle around 250whp. so before bolting on a turbo kit, strengthen the transmission and if you can, buy a transmission cooler. heat is the transmissions biggest enemy. the injectors in the tC are plenty big to handle 300hp. you'll just have to watch your air fuel ratio and make sure you aren't abusing the transmission. if you're really looking to make the tC fly, I would definetely suggest an aftermarket torque converter.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
tscsciontc
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tscsciontc Send a message via Yahoo to tscsciontc
Re: Re: auto turbo kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
if you're looking for a turbo kit with 310whp, you're not really going to have to worry about the fuel injectors or lowering the compression. the only thing you are really going to have to worry about is your transmission. the automatic transmission in the tC can handle around 250whp. so before bolting on a turbo kit, strengthen the transmission and if you can, buy a transmission cooler. heat is the transmissions biggest enemy. the injectors in the tC are plenty big to handle 300hp. you'll just have to watch your air fuel ratio and make sure you aren't abusing the transmission. if you're really looking to make the tC fly, I would definetely suggest an aftermarket torque converter.
TheQuietThings is definitely right about the torque converter. When the transmission went out in my automatic 1995 Prelude Si I upgraded to a JMO torque converter and it was much faster and the gear changes seemed more agressive.
tscsciontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
doock87
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to doock87
stock injectors on a tc are definitely not big enough to safely support 300 hp. the factory option supercharger comes with a 5th injector. check the injector load % on a dyno chart to see what i mean.
doock87 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC