Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-12
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 06:39 PM   #1
C_Sephiroth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to C_Sephiroth
Angry Dmc

Yeah know I used to Love DMC's I thought they were so cool.........Untill I started working on one at the Shop. Man I can't stand them. Yeah know I will admit that some of the stuff they did was pretty "Clever" Like the Parking brake asembly. That was pretty cool, reminded me of a bike. heh. I didn't come here to totally bash them though I was going to ask if anyone happened to know of any sites that could help me along my path. I am replacing all of the Coolant Hoses, and heater Hoses. This includes the ones under the Intake. I already did all the brakes, rebuilt the calipers and all the, but if anyone could give me a Torque spec for the Caliper Halves That would help. I all ready did the Slave cyl and clutch master, the slave cyl was a beast. heh. but I got it done. Any info will help greatly.

Thanks Sean
C_Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Sephiroth
Yeah know I used to Love DMC's I thought they were so cool.........Untill I started working on one at the Shop. Man I can't stand them. Yeah know I will admit that some of the stuff they did was pretty "Clever" Like the Parking brake asembly. That was pretty cool, reminded me of a bike. heh. I didn't come here to totally bash them though I was going to ask if anyone happened to know of any sites that could help me along my path. I am replacing all of the Coolant Hoses, and heater Hoses. This includes the ones under the Intake. I already did all the brakes, rebuilt the calipers and all the, but if anyone could give me a Torque spec for the Caliper Halves That would help. I all ready did the Slave cyl and clutch master, the slave cyl was a beast. heh. but I got it done. Any info will help greatly.

Thanks Sean
You are tackling some of the most frustrating parts of the car, and its not your car?! I wouldn't want to be in your position - part of the joy of working on the car is driving & racing it for years afterwards!!!

The comment about the parking brake I don't understand.

Congrats on the slave cylinder - I'm yet to repair mine since its impossible to reach. The coolant hoses are pretty self-explanatory. Its a big job, just make sure you buy the right hoses from delorean.com
Old 01-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
C_Sephiroth
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for you Comment. Well This car has been sitting at The Shop I work at for almost 2 1/2 years. The guy is just now getting the money to have us fix it. The Parking Brake Pad, on the Rear, it is set up like a bike. Well I have found a really easy way to reach it. if you take off the Eng Cover (There is the Lovers and then the sheet metal cover, that covers the engine) if you take that off and then kneel on top of the engine, and look down in the back near the center, you can see it perfectly. You will need a 1/4 in wratchet and a 1 in extention, and whatever size socket, I think it is a 10 mm There are only 2 bolts holding it in, take the line off 13mm wrench. Then remove it, not to bad, but a pain.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:00 PM   #4
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

Re: Re: Dmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Sephiroth
kneel on top of the engine, and look down in the back near the center, you can see it perfectly.
I never would have thought of kneeling on the engine... thanks for the advice.

Also, I can't believe anyone would leave a car at a shop for two years... either the owner knows you REALLY well, or he's a fool.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
C_Sephiroth
AF Enthusiast

Well We Specialize in Corvettes and some of the corvettes are there for a while, during a Restore or something. Part of it is my boss likes to have some money before he starts the job, and have some payment during the job, That way at the end when they have a hella huge bill like 13,000 or so they have been paying on it and we don't get stuck spending the money on this car and the people Screwing Us.